No announcement yet.

Jordies '93 GTST Type M... Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh so you're the one with the sick skyline on son240...i'm really digging that wing, just missed it when mr. belontay was selling it. driftops event looked awesome, it sucks that i missed it :S

Comment

Its been a while heres a brief update...

Soo just got back home from a weeks vacation, traveling around ect.

left last friday night to head back to Brockville (just south of ottawa) got as far a coburg and all of a sudden there was a loud ass hissing noise and lots of steam. luckily it happened right near an exit so i pulled off. The car never over heated, turned it off and it continued to dump all the coolant all over the ground.

Luckily (or so i thought) I had CAA. Thinking no biggie i called and was told they could tow the car for 10 km free of charge, then it was $3 each km after that. As i recall it used to be 200 free km. So Me and my (unimpressed) girlfriend were stranded 250 km from home at 10pm. Made a few calls and a good friend said he would pull some strings and come get us. At around 1am the rescue party showed up.

This is what i call real friendship. we didnt get home until 4 am. And they were on the road again to montreal to tune is 240 coupe. (which made around 400hp at the wheels). What could have been a $500 tow ended out costing me gas money, a couple energy drinks. All made for an eventful night.

The culprit was a pinhole in the small coolant hose above the starter. Such a pissoff. Anyways the car was back together in time to rip a few wet laps at the Driftops trackday at shannonville.

Actual rain drifting on a track is quite the experience, completely different than in the dry. I didnt even burn through a set of tires and had a great time playing with different techniques and more aggressive entries. Spun out a whole bunch and just had a blast haha.

Not too much else has gone on. Picked up some nismo strut bars and nismo old nismo Shift knob which i stripped and polished. Trying to decide what to do next with the car. Was looking at a set of pulleys and a new intake system (to get rid of the floppy restrictive intake hose). I was thinking of going front mount but dont want to have 9302849023842 miles of piping. I really like how responsive the car is now
      Jordie Lewis
      1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

hey man i have a solid intake hose if you want it for free,
        also have those boots and window trim if you want them.
        and and and would you want to trade your break discs for my sloted one?
        Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Ah man Jordie thats unfortunate. nelsonmxmarc makes a custom front facing plenum out of oem rb20 side facing plenums, so if you ran a front mount there, itd save you a few feet of piping.
          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

My Friend Has a Freddy Manifold and stock turbo with a frontmount. it just takes so long to build boost in comparison with the sidemount. I dunno. Rabbit you're the man, i texted you but not response, your number still the same?
            Jordie Lewis
            1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

I need a freddy manifold.

and me too rabbit.
              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Hey Everyone, Its been a while,

Not much has gone on with my car in a bit, just been driving it to and from work.

Last Thursday I took the car to Sasha @ SG motorsports in Brampton for an alignment. , He did the alignment on my old S13 and i was quite impressed with the shop, his attitude and work. He was busy getting the Genesis race cars and his 350Z roadster ready for some fun and excitement at ICAR this past weekend.

Notice the puddle of coolant under the car one of the 90384239048 sh1tty coolant lines under the intake manifold went again. Luckily it happened as it pulled into the shop. Got it fixed there. The car feels and drives 10X better than it did before. I would recommend SG to anyone who wants to go fast.

A few weeks ago i made a trip over to Rabbits house to pick up some parts from his car which had been a victim in a garage fire. He was nice enough to trade me Rotors and give me a couple interior odds and ends before the car was taken away. Really sad, His car was the first Skyline I had ever been in. Sad to see it go.

We Swapped the rears at his place but ran out of light. We had limited tools and had to resort to using axe body spray as a makeshift WD40. It actually worked haha.

Back at My place (and armed with actual WD40) the Driver side front was swapped with ease. The Passenger side proved to be a pain. Even with roughly 1/2 a can of WD40 it still wouldnt free from the hub. After beating the Sh1t out of my old rotor i realized there was threaded holes in the rotors to free them. (call me a noob, whatever). I Live in a condo so i dont exactly have a Bolt bin to resort to. I ended out taking 2 of the bolts holding the seat in and used them to free the rotor from the hub.

Slotted.

Car Brakes waaay better, as the old rotors had lost lots of material. Braking now feels tighter and pedal feel is better.

Moral of the story, The aggressive approach is not always the best, There is always a "Smart" solution to a problem. Something Chris Brown should have learned.
                Jordie Lewis
                1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

AXE ftw!!!
                  Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Drove Home tonight, the motor seized. I have had so many issues with cooling on this piece of Sh1t. So over cars now.
                    Jordie Lewis
                    1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Whaaaaaattt? No man dont give up. Rebuild it, fresh, I bet you will hind your problem once you pull the engine. Could be lots of things but Dont give up man!
                      Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Its a headgasket for sure. Ill probably end out getting a longblock. Ill be picking up a secondary car this week i hope, put a cover over the skyline and let it until the spring.
                        Jordie Lewis
                        1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

This car is down but not out, it should see the road in a couple weeks. Once i source my motor, im gonna make damn sure to replace EVERY single coolant line ( i suggest everyone do this over the winter). But for the next couple weeks its this

Jordie Lewis
                          1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Skyline project has been postponed indefinitely. Got laid off at work today. bummer.
                            Last edited by S13Jordie; 09-28-2011, 01:01 PM.
                            Jordie Lewis
                            1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

LOL @ talkin to myself.

Unfortunately in Canada we have this thing called winter. During which all the fun cars across the country go into hiding

Annnnnnd Sleep

I will be doing little odds and ends to the car over this winter. I will either be doing an rb20 swap, or if the monies right ill up for a 25. Time will tell

In other news my good buddy Liam just picked up a new project. Some my remember his old Hatch. 330hp SR, Fitment and Loads of character. Well the 20+ years of canadian winters hadnt been nice to the car and the metal was slowly rotting away

He picked this project up for $1800 . A real clean Cefiro shell which came with origin aero. Most of his S13 parts (suspension and such) will bolt right up.

We also got 2 side by side storage units for winter building fun.

Anyways this summer was a blast with late night streeting missions and gnarly track days and Car meet bbqs with good friends. Although the Skyline and I have a love hate relationship, it was still a great season

Track Days

@Skymeet 2011

Late Night Chillage
                              Jordie Lewis
                              1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Tims cottage was a blast bro lol throwing fire crackers in the fire, and gettin drunk ..skyrine will be fixed soon enough I'm sure man and they'll be more fun shannonville days !! Woo

Comment

Working...
                                X