Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First North American VH45 R32 Skyline (afiak).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First North American VH45 R32 Skyline (afiak).

So I blew my clutch drifting last October. I realized I need more torque, more power and a better powerband. "Rebuild the 20" I said. Then I saw the cost. "**** the 20!" I said. My buddy Steve tipped me of on the VH motor. There was one for sale on Craigslist... and here you have, the first North American VH45 R32 Skyline (there is another one, in New Zeland. There are a few pictures and a youtube video).
    This project started in November of last year and included:
    1992 VH45DE motor
    Z32 transmission
    XCessive S13 VH45 swap kit
    - driveshaft
    - solid motor mounts
    - solid trans mount
    - alternator relocation bracket
    - shorter shift linkage
    - smaller power steering pulley
    S13 crossmember
    Ebay Z32 short throw shifter
    ACT HD 6 Puck unsprung clutch
    Fidanza 10lb flywheel
    Powersteering cooler (with steelbraided lines and AN fittings)
    Unknown electric fan
    Honda Civic clutch master with custom clutch pedal adapter fork
    Completely removed HICAS
    Driftworks Total Hicas Eliminator kit
    PBM Solid subframe risers
    Custom headers and side exit exhaust build by Doug @ Kamloops Autopro & Customs
    Probably more I am forgetting.

Picture time!

The master, and his masterpiece.

Oh hello side exit exhaust.

Removed the regulator for header clearance. Removed rag joint in steering shaft.

FYI. Foxbody Main hoop. Fits. Rather well.

IT RUNS!!!

Last edited by FunnyGas; 06-09-2013, 12:08 AM.
    Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
    --------------------------------

Just needs a couple turbos. Jk

Awesome work, how much power are you planning to make?

Comment

VH45? is that an infinity Q45 engine? if so thats baller! V8 in skyline= WINNING!

Comment

VH45 is the Q45 and QX4 motor. All aluminum V8. 10.2:1 compression. Full length crank girdle. 6 bolt mains (2 splayed). 310hp 333 ft/lbs tq.

Power wise I am looking for about 400 - 450. I will be going supercharged... eventually. I have changed so much I am going to need to re-learn the car next season, and work the quirks out. Lotsa body work to do this winter too. Fun project!

Comment

slap some pics in this forum i wann see..

Comment

Very nice, what trans are you running? You might wanna change the final ratio also (damn short)

GJ

Comment

Z32 trans, with a custom trans adapter.

As for pics. Will be done today sometime, as well as a small write up.

Comment

Finally got it done. I remember when you told me about this some time ago and said to keep it "hush hush". Great work man. It sounds mean and I'm sure your neighbours appreciate it as well .
                89 Nissan Skyline GTS-T (Sold)
                98 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT (Sold)
                2013 Toyota Venza V6 AWD Touring
                1976 Datsun 280Z

Comment

Apparently, my friends who were watching and recording said that windows and doors were getting slammed shut. The one side of the road is all patios. Drove them inside.. Hee hee, whoops. Oh well. I live in the off campus housing area of town. They piss me off with parties, I do burnouts. Tit for tat.

Comment

can't wait
                    this project looks awesome
                    Originally posted by FunnyGas View Post
                    Z32 trans, with a custom trans adapter.

As for pics. Will be done today sometime, as well as a small write up.
                    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

wow , lots of respect for this one, and i thought Charles vq was cool
                      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Yep, long time and lots of headaches coming (of which I still feel partly responsible for) but looks/sounds total champion good sir. Sunday!

Thanks for guinea-pigging the adapter, I'm so glad it didn't grenade on startup!

...also feel free to mention I'm making them to order?

Comment

siiiiiiiiiiick

baller v8 n/a !!

Comment

Follow up. Worked on it a bit more. Got the exhaust redone. No more side dumps. It has a functional single magnaflow race muffler in the back. Sounds inconspicuous at idle.. and beastly when I open it up.

So. Day I picked it up from the exhaust shop... Gave her some fuel, checked the oil. Picked up my drift spares... and left to go have some fun. Finally.
                            So I tried for a burnout and failed.

Then I tried again and failed again. (Brakes wouldn't hold me.. and something else was up, you can hear it)

So we proceeded to our drift spot, I knew what was up at this point. Rather pissed off. So I went for it.. or should I said tried, and failed again. As we went to leave here, my fuel pump cut out... and there she sat all night.

Long story, short. Rod knock. Bad. She wont run on her own. Throws tons of blue. Sourcing another motor in time for Nissanfest.

Comment

the only V8 i would put in a skyline is a HEMI lol

Comment

Working...
                              X