My 91 GTST Type M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 91 GTST Type M

I wanted a car to enjoy driving, after some research and always wanting a rhd, I found this 91 gtst type m in Victoria.

After watching a drift event at western speedway, I met up with the seller and immediately was amazed how clean this 20 year old car was.

Info on car supplied by seller:
    114,000 kms
    HKS SSQV V3 BOV
    Optima battery
    K pod filter
    Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DTT DCII
    3" stainless divorced turbo elbow
    3" blitz downpipe
    3" full turbo back exhaust
    Brand new Clutch, as well as master and slave cylinders
    Cusco Zero 2E coilovers
    GTR rims, full GTR bodykit
    6000k HID kit
    Momo steering wheel
    New sparkplugs, coilpacks, brake rotors and carbon ceramic pads

Soon after buying the car, I replaced the front corner lights with some clear lenses along with some led taillights.

I wasn't much interested in the gtr wing that was on the car, so I bought a new carbon fiber wing my buddy had sitting around (still not sure what brand it is).

Over the summer this was my daily driver to Nanaimo from Duncan. Made it to the odd car show as well, this is at the Beverley corners show in Duncan.

I recently acquired some new rims (Ultralite Atec II) 18x8.5, just about ready to wrap them in some Falken Ziex ZE 912's, thinkin about 225/40.

Just recently I have moved, so I actually have space to work on her now. I decided to pull out my turbo, replace all the gaskets and swap in an rb25 turbo. To my surprise with some research I already had an rb25 turbo.

While I had the turbo, manifold and intercooler pipes out of the way I decided to remove my ac system (used it maybe twice this past summer, waste of engine bay space)

I am in the process of painting my manifold with some high temp paint. I have also ordered a Mishimoto rad with fan and shroud. As well as some prosport gauges. Once installed I will have some new pics for ya.
    Last edited by RagingPanda91; 03-06-2012, 04:20 PM.

Nice pick up!

This looks promising I'll definitely be keeping up with your work. Any goals? Do you plan to do lapping/drift/drag?
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Thanks, I plan on eventually drifting her. I should have my new rad by tomorrow and gauges are on back order until the 14th.

Comment

Awesome man, you'll love it.

Not trying to burst your bubble but you mention it came with a full GTR body kit, but judging by the pictures aren't those GTS fenders (with GTS corner lights?)

Could just be the picture though.
        1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Ya after signing up to this site, I have noticed that its not a whole gtr kit. Whats the difference between the 2 fenders, are the gtr's wider?

Comment

My new rad finally arrived today, along with the turbo gaskets I ordered 2 weeks ago...

Waiting on backordered prosport gauges, due to having to drill hole in exhaust manifold for egt I cant install my turbo until they get here...
            Last edited by RagingPanda91; 03-06-2012, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingPanda91 View Post
              Ya after signing up to this site, I have noticed that its not a whole gtr kit. Whats the difference between the 2 fenders, are the gtr's wider?
              Yes sir! The GTR fenders are wider and lighter.
              1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Gorgeous looking car!
                Not having your license plate attached to the front of your car is a $195 ticket FYI. Also, telling the cop that the zip ties just snapped a few blocks back and you just picked it up will only make him angry :P
                Originally posted by victoriaGTR
                tire smoke makes my wiener tingle.

Comment

hmm, I might have to try and find a set of gtr fenders then.

I was pulled over once in the summer for having my plate in the window, so I had to mount it up front. Im gonna be side mounting it so its not in the way of the fmic im getting here soon.

Comment

So I attempted to fit my new rad and fans today. Rad slid into place easily, mind you it is at least twice the thickness of the stock one. But when I tried with the fan shroud, the power steering hoses and belt were in my way. So I can either run a single 12" for now or keep stock thermo fan....which I now am researching may be better anyhow. Any input as to electric versus thermo fans....

Comment

You'll get both sides of the debate electrical vs thermo, at the end of the day the fan serves a single purpose, and whether or not one does it better than the other doesn't matter unless you plan on running high numbers and tracking it often.

Use whatever works, is my suggestion.

Nice progress!
                      1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Thanks, I think Im just gonna use the stock fan and shroud, I have had no problems with it in the past. I only bought these ones cause it was a special that came with the rad. I will be selling the shroud with both fans soon here if anyone is interested, wont fit the way it is into stock rb20 though

question, I just got my valve cover gaskets in, when replacing should I use some sort of gasket maker with it, or just put them in dry?

Comment

Received my rad hoses today from megan racing

So I decided to just keep my stock fan and shroud, no clearance issues now.

Here's the pic I promised of my painted exhaust manifold, we will see how it lasts when the car is on the rd in 2 weeks

I am still currently waiting on my prosport gauges, should be here on monday if not for sure tuesday. Once they are installed I can finally put my turbo back in due to having to drill a hole in exhaust manifold for egt. While I wait for these I am currently rewiring my marker lights, and swapping out the blue bulbs I had to attract less attention this year. Cops round here are hounding everyone with vi's right now, so I would like to stay under their radar as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                          X