Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The start of my Dream Car

Hello everyone!
    Here is my story about my new 1993 Nissan gtst Skyline with a Rb25det. I found this car on kijiji seen it needed work but looked like a dream come true. For 3000 dollars i bought two skylines one a part car and one with no interior and the right side front and back lower control arms broken. I got in contract with him and he said it ran awesome and told me he hit a curb with it. everything i need to fix it (control arms and interiors are in the parts car) When i went to look at the car it had a small little miss to it. So what i figured out is that the injectors were the cause.
    So what my plans are to fix this problem along with getting more performance out of the car. I would like to change the injectors, Upgrade the turbo With a diff exhaust manifold And a upgrade for the fuel pump.
    The car has a boost control on it. Would i need to also get a fuel pressure regulator to keep my air/fuel ratio right? Should i get a air/fuel ratio gauge with a wideband o2 sensor? I would like so do something for the computer side of things later but will keeping a eye on my air/fuel gauge not blow the motor? What kinda of turbo / injectors should i change to also? My goal is anywhere from 350-500 hp this is just a street car maybe alittle drag racing agianst my buddys evo2.
    I do know i will need to do more then just what i said to get the big 500 numbers BUT it is a long time goal i just wanna know if this is a good start up or if i am way off the path.
    Thanks for you help everyone dont hate i am looking for ideas SO PLEASE help me out! I dont want this car to blow up!

first of all id repair the car with the parts that you have to get it back on the road and enjoy driving it for a while before you start building it. You may actually be surprised how much you can enjoy a stock car. If you need to swap out the injector grab a set of 550ccs or so nothing too big so it will be easily tunable. If you are getting a bigger turbo down the line along with an aftermarket fuel pump you will need some tuning. I would recommend either a powerfc (there is one for sale right now for a 25) or nistune which is a little cheaper. Grab a wideband (i have personally ran both aem and innovative lc1 and i highly recommend the innovative) that will give you some piece of mind as you can monitor your afrs. a fuel pressure regulator is not necessary for you power levels since people have ran stockers up to 500whp. basically my advice fix the car and enjoy it for now and mod when you see fit or are bored at the power level.
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Working...
    X