Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saved my car from the great scrap heap in the sky(redo of my first car thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so the car has started to fight me now -.- while driving home on the high way i hit a little pot hole lost my left front corner light, went back and found it with i hole in the centre and a bracket that was holding my exhaust up was rusty and broke. Now its been randomly cutting the throttle, iv been talking with dan and its most likely my cars rb20 harness on the rb25 engine thats messing it up, had planned to get NIStune but im not 100% sure if its going to happen, also had planed to get a new ECU also not sure if thats going to happen. God i love when my car hates me -.-
    Started rebuilding my skyline when i was 18
    1992 GTST RB25DET
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
    Originally posted by Bravo
    PS My wife just told me I was shitting in your Cheerios!
    I'm sorry,
    Good luck!

Comment

Update guys:
      So instead of spending my money on go fast parts I talked with my instructor at NSCC and and i brought my car in to fix up all the body work, and i would be graded on it. Doing the work at school is a great opertunity for me and my wallet, all i have to pay for are the materiels used, so I payed 1,135$ for that and i figured that ill save up some money over the winter months to spend on the go fast parts.

Picture from in the shop:

Someone had treated this cars body like a civic... no offence to civic lovers out there but this side was diffidently their first attempt to widen the fenders, what they did was cut some of the inner out and pulled it out >.> hard to explain

Ready to race :P

30hp dent right there
      Last edited by Modb; 09-19-2012, 09:43 PM.
      1992 GTST RB25DET
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
      I'm sorry,
      Good luck!

Comment

But im also looking for a few thing, im looking for the rear deck/parcel tray

rear glass surrounding trim (both sides)

and trunk interior pieces
        1992 GTST RB25DET
        I'm sorry,
        Good luck!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txM41MO9apg&feature=plcp

Video of the progress, bodywork soon to be primer and paint :P cant wait
          1992 GTST RB25DET
          I'm sorry,
          Good luck!

Comment

Plans for when my car is done: WORK IN PROGRESS! :P

The great GReddy-style plenum How-to of 2007! By Kym. I think I'm going to be the first one to actually post pics on how to install these eBay plenums. Enough talk already! Pending everyone's comments, I'll create this as a thread in the tutorial/how-to section. To clear up all the BS circulating...

Intake manafold upgrade.
            Oil pressure gauge.
            Oil cooler.
            Oil catch can.
            3" down pipe, so it will be 3" turbo back
            Make or buy a pipe to replace my cat.
            Electric fans are a possibility.
            And more... haha
            1992 GTST RB25DET
            I'm sorry,
            Good luck!

Comment

looking good man me likey
              boost never got me laid

Comment

Just posted all the bodywork pictures from late September 15 till December 22, back on the first page

Before:

After:

and thats the main reason for the bodywork^^^ haha looka at the befores quarters
                1992 GTST RB25DET
                I'm sorry,
                Good luck!

Comment

very nice i wanna have a sexy time with that paint job

Comment

haha don't we all haha it came out really well, its the kh2 stock gunmetal gray and at our we use water born paint so when it was going on it was a dark navy blue haha and it scared me at first
                    1992 GTST RB25DET
                    I'm sorry,
                    Good luck!

Comment

This is crazy good, good job man...you deserve every compliment given for this beaut!

Comment

Nice save! car looks good mate!
                        1990 R32 GTR 329awhp @12psi stock turbos

Comment

So i completely for got to update my build in a while so here's a nice big update

My plan for the summer was just to drive the car and enjoy it for the summer, and for the most part its been good. But ill start with the bad, in the middle of the summer on the way back from a car show and cruse I was 5 minutes from my house when a blade from my clutch fan broke and few into my Mishimoto radiator and i limped the car home.

Unfortunately for me it was on the weekend and had to wait for Monday to try and order a new rad and fan.
                          So Monday came and I got a hold of someone from Mishimoto and the way it worked out i couldn't find my original recite so they sold me one at a discounted price and sent it out.
                          For the fan i had plenty of time that weekend to look for one, and couldn't find one except on eBay so i went ahead and bought it for $40.

That same weekend my friend was selling his rims that didn't fit his car, so i bought them as well to take the place of the s14 rims i had.

Almost forgot but after i got my car from storage the alt went, had that rebuild and i bought a set of BC Racing coils through focused motorsports, and the coils i pulled out were some haggard old units.

Coil overs went on and then the rims followed, ran into a roadblock or two. the first the front didn't clear the Nissan on the callipers and the rims were only 17 by 7 all the way around so the back looks a little sunk in.

1992 GTST RB25DET
                          I'm sorry,
                          Good luck!

Comment

Alos over the winter i had broken my collar bone in January, ending my collage for the year and giving myself lots of time to decide what im going to be doing with the car for the year. I started to design my centre console piece to hold my AF gauge boost gauge and both AVCR and SAFC.

but soon after having made it and i ordered NIStune after a bad time on the dyno, the car would only rev to 4000 before it would lean the efff out.

so after NIStune came in i had to take my SAFC out and i picked up a deck and some speakers from bestbuy pretty cheep because they were taking their car audio section out.

But now my plans for this coming winter is to pull the engine do a full gasket kit, head studs and a forward facing intake. all in prep for a bigger turbo
                            Last edited by Modb; 09-09-2013, 01:04 AM.
                            1992 GTST RB25DET
                            I'm sorry,
                            Good luck!

Comment

Little update:
                              I picked up a full Poly kit going to be put on during the winter.

Bought an OEM GTR spoiler from nickisonfire, just waiting for it to show up at the end of the week.
                              Also bought a new shift boot and e-brake boot off eBay, as well as new blue cluster bulbs. (Bulbs coming from Aus so they'll take a while to get here.)

And now the bigger part of the update, new rims came.
                              I got 17" rota grids, staggered 8"+35 up front with 9"s+25 in the back, running 225/45s up front and 245/40 rears.
                              No pulling required, thankfully when i remade my quarters i made them bigger then stock i believe.

The wheels make the car look much better then the other rims I picked up for the summer.

next little thing is going to be painting the callipers gold, i think its going to look really nice

The plan is to get the fake greddy intake next pay and a gasket kit and go from there.
                              1992 GTST RB25DET
                              I'm sorry,
                              Good luck!

Comment

Forgot my brother took this when they showed up.
                                1992 GTST RB25DET
                                I'm sorry,
                                Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X