Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saved my car from the great scrap heap in the sky(redo of my first car thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gears just arrived

Started rebuilding my skyline when i was 18
    1992 GTST RB25DET
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
    Originally posted by Bravo
    PS My wife just told me I was shitting in your Cheerios!
    I'm sorry,
    Good luck!

Comment

January 14 Update:

Motor at A&J Armstrong's.
      Top mount turbo manifold ordered.
      BorgWarner S200SX 7670 ordered.
      Bottom ends getting pistons, Rod bolts, and unsure at the moment if its getting rods.
      Supertec Spline oil drive fitted to crank.
      Ordering a 6 puck sprung ACT clutch.
      Ordering a Synapse engineering WG.
      Ordering undecided on 800cc inj or 1000cc.

January 16 update:
      Ordered a 6 puck sprung ACT clutch.
      Ordered a 50mm Synapse engineering WG.
      Ordered 750cc injectors
      Ordered Fuel pressure regulator
      Last edited by Modb; 01-16-2015, 12:33 PM.
      1992 GTST RB25DET
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
      I'm sorry,
      Good luck!

Comment

Excellent call on Armstrongs. The guys there are geniuses.
        The "thing with the wires cut" is you AAC valve. I've got one that's rebuilt and tested. Looks brand new if you need one.

Comment

Yea i called Nova its only 5 minutes from my house but they've never done an RB. So i talked to Dan and Armstrong's did his motor 4-5 years ago and its still together, and everyone recommends taking it to them.
          Ahh okay, not sure how long its been disconnected for so it might be pretty good. But thanks for the offer if i need one ill let you know.
          1992 GTST RB25DET
          I'm sorry,
          Good luck!

Comment

January 19 Update:
            Turbo finally showed up

Ordered Z32 maf and pigtail

January 21
            After looking over the new harness I'm going to sure i realized that the RB20 injector sub harness was missing so i went ahead and ordered one from wiring specialtys for $60 shipped.
            Ordered an oil pressure gauge and a water temp gauge
            Last edited by Modb; 01-21-2015, 12:21 PM.
            1992 GTST RB25DET
            I'm sorry,
            Good luck!

Comment

Small little parts update:
              The RB20det Injector sub harness came in

Also my top mount manifold showed up

Were just waiting for the waste gate to show up at Titan and then the pistons, injectors, clutch and the other goodies will get shipped out.
              1992 GTST RB25DET
              I'm sorry,
              Good luck!

Comment

February 11th update:
                dropped the rear subframe and began to replace all of the stock bushings.

Parts showed up
                750cc Injectors
                ACT 6 puck sprung clutch
                FPR

Forged pistons
                ARP rod bolts

Went to Nissan to get some sensors for the engine refresh, 2 Knock sensors at $180 a piece, a water temp sensor, and a fresh oil filter.

I also had a problem when trying to press out the rear lower control arm bushings. So I priced them at Nissan since they are the same as a S13 they were $230 a side. After look around I ordered a set of after market ones for a S13 on eBay for $160 for a set.
                1992 GTST RB25DET
                I'm sorry,
                Good luck!

Comment

looking good man. i like the style and way you have gone about getting things done. respect.

Comment

Subscribed, great thread man
                    - Adam

:
                    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Originally posted by TrevoR32 View Post
                      looking good man. i like the style and way you have gone about getting things done. respect.
                      Originally posted by amnash View Post
                      Subscribed, great thread man
                      Thanks haha. It's been quite the journey for the car, and quite the learning experience for myself. A lot of things I'm doing is a first for me so hopefully i get everything right the first time
                      1992 GTST RB25DET
                      I'm sorry,
                      Good luck!

Comment

Props! way to save the car from the grave! and also the work you are doing looks great!

I love the paint part... damn that's a transformation
                        (O||o___SKYLINE___o||O)

I'm thinkin' RB's

Comment

Originally posted by jesusjuice View Post
                          Props! way to save the car from the grave! and also the work you are doing looks great!

I love the paint part... damn that's a transformation
                          Thanks, I was really happy with how the paint came out
                          1992 GTST RB25DET
                          I'm sorry,
                          Good luck!

Comment

Little update:
                            The rear end is back together and ready to go back under the car.

Also upgrade the rear sway bar with a r32 GTR sway bar

I picked up the short block from Armstrong's and painted it.

my knock sensors came in, and i had to order a new gasket for my stock oil cooler, as well as some new head aligning dowels

My after market oil pressure sensor and oil cooler ready to go back on the block.

Got my water pump, and themostat on, and set the head on the head gasket to measure the gap between the piston and the head because i had to have a thou taken off the block
                            1992 GTST RB25DET
                            I'm sorry,
                            Good luck!

Comment

So i have a good sized update for March 23.

A friend of mine thats been helping me with my build came over on Saturday and we got the motor pulled out of the car, and robbed the bits off I needed to progress with the motor in the basement. Those being the oil pump, heater hoses, and the VCT.

Once the motor was out we took the transmission off and found out that there was a cheap 6 puck unsprung clutch, as well as a missing flywheel bolt and a broken off pressure plate bolt.

But once we got the oil pump off it was a relief when we were taking off the back cover not to find that someone use red lock tight on the treads like my other oil pump housing. Once the oil pump gears were switched with the Supertec spline gears it was time to get the rest of the motor back together, oil pan went on so we could begin putting the lifters back in and the cams.

Next I swapped over the heater hoses and various parts on the intake side.

This is how its sitting now.
                              1992 GTST RB25DET
                              I'm sorry,
                              Good luck!

Comment

seeing the state of that clutch and flywheel just pisses me off. is that bolt gone gone, or is it rattling around in the bell housing of the trans? some people just don't have the decency to do the job right.

Comment

Working...
                                X