r33 progress thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r33 progress thread

well i have owned the car for a good 6 months now and have a bunch of pictures of everything i have done so far. I'll slowly add pics over time of the progress. This isn't a thread about making power, more of a maintenance thread atm.. more power will soon come.

Anyways, its a 1994 GTS-25T and when i got it it was nearly stock with 91xxx km's. compression was 150 - 155 in all 6, power steering had a bit of a leak, and of course the paint was very faded.

installed when i got it was:
    full 3" exhaust (unknown brand)
    Buzz spec coilovers
    blitz boost gauge

and here is how she looked at the beginning..

then next came..

A'Pexi pod filter

HKS SSQV 3 (now have version 1)

High beam all on mod. (no longer have the 100w HID's.. they were simply too bright)

Got some Splitfires to fix the break up issue over 5500 rpm's

put in a stereo deck that actually gets radio frequencies over here

Rear wiper deleted.. prefer the cleaner look

Didnt like the wing that was on the car so picked up something else. had my doubts at first but once i actually mounted it i think it turned out pretty good.

anyways ill leave it at that for now, ill upload some more soon!
    Last edited by evolution23; 06-11-2012, 10:21 PM.
    1989 GTR - summer toy
    2011 Ram - winter beater

well decided to upload what came next. the paint was in rough shape. roof was turning white, trunk had the old spoiler holes and a small amount of rust, found some nicely hidden rust on pass. door as well, front bumper had some clear peeling, and some noticeable rock chips on the hood. Guy did a great job of matching the paint but as you can see in the pictures, it doesnt match? He had it matched to my fuel filler door ..found out the passenger side of my car is actually a different shade of super clear red but there is no bondo anywhere and no signs of any previous damage. hmm, anyways..

before:

after:

Last edited by evolution23; 06-03-2012, 03:41 PM.
    1989 GTR - summer toy
    2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

Mind if I ask where you had the body work and paint done? I'm searching all my options before dropping the 5-8k for paint and body!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by nimblestix View Post
        Mind if I ask where you had the body work and paint done? I'm searching all my options before dropping the 5-8k for paint and body!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
        Pm'd. come check out the car if you want to see this guys work. really cheap too.
        1989 GTR - summer toy
        2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

next up i still had break up issues at high rpm. splitfire coilpacks fixed most of it but it slowly got worse. had a shop test everything for me including fuel pressure..not going to name this shop as they are good guys to deal with but i think they could have done a much better job at diagnosing this. Anyways.

Sard fuel pressure regulator (shop said mine was leaking pressure causing the break up issue and my random hard start after being parked for 30 minutes)

after installing the FPR i instantly noticed that yes my fuel system was leaking pressure causing a hard start but that wasnt my break up issue. my old pump was maxing at 40psi (dont know how they didnt notice this) but the pump was clearly on its way out.

so in went the walbro 255lph pump

then the car was running great (still had my hard start and pressure leak after shut down as i had to find which line needed changed/tightened) but to celebrate i got the car some new shoes.

XXR 962 Gold. 18x8.5 front, 18x9.5 rear

and to celebrate some more i took out the clay bar and some wax.

Last edited by evolution23; 06-07-2012, 11:46 AM.
          1989 GTR - summer toy
          2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

I like.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

you should buy my r33 seats. car looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                I like.
                Thanks! Thread is starting to get up-to-date. Will add some more next week!

Originally posted by cooke24 View Post
                you should buy my r33 seats. car looks good.
                James was tellin me that you were selling some seats. PM pics or just get my number off james and txt a pic. Kind of want to change my seats over but not something im very motivated to do yet lol
                1989 GTR - summer toy
                2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

small update. sitting in the car everyday..looking at the shifter and e-brake boots all torn up. i just couldn't take it anymore so a cheap but nice little upgrade.

before:

After:

Then i decided to order some gauges. water temp, oil temp, and a/f. grabbed an autobahn88 test pipe for the wideband, mishimoto sandwich plate for oil temp (no pic but im sure everyone knows what a sandwich plate looks like by now lol!), and tapped the housing for water temp.

Test pipe for wideband

drilled and tapped the coolant housing as i prefer the cleaner look over the metal chunk in the middle of the hose.

and lastly a quick pic of the new gauges (depo)

1989 GTR - summer toy
                  2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

guess ill update this since my last thread posted mentions the recent work. this post brings us up to date! further progress has been stopped until funds are available again..

well, of course everyone needs some colder air so out with the side and in with the front mount.

and just cutting the rebar..fitting everything

...and done.

then i decided it was FINALLY time to clean up the headlight lenses...

Then noticed a faint exhaust leak which grew to an extremely noticeable big exhaust leak in about 1 weeks time.. snapped the 3 rear studs, blew the gasket and blew the turbo to manifold gasket as well as was missing 2 of the bolts.. needless to say, it was all replaced. (forgot to snap some pics)

Now the car was back up and running great again so i decided to clean up the engine bay! also reloacted washer fluid to the trunk.

and then for a little peace-in-mind i did the 100k servicing. (water pump, idler, tensioner, tensioner spring, thermostat, timing belt) and after removing the parts we quickly discovered it had already been done.. also did valve cover gaskets/half moons/grommets along with a cas gasket

Then i decided i wanted to join the club and paint up my engine a bit.

...and then my clutch went. OEM was shot so picked up a brand new exedy stage 1 from a member, had nissan order in a tob then in it all went.

and then to hide my melted back bumper i picked up a c/f heat shield. looks nice and hides the damage!

So that brings us up to date. hopefully more updates in the future but with school starting here i wont have the time or funds and may end up parking or ..selling . hopefully it doesnt come down to that though!
                    Last edited by evolution23; 06-23-2012, 01:03 AM.
                    1989 GTR - summer toy
                    2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

What kind intercooler did u get?
                      Bayside Blue BNR34

Comment

where did you get your fpr?

Comment

Originally posted by skylinebeginner View Post
                          where did you get your fpr?
                          It was a Sard FPR. Believe I had found it on here but cannot remember.
                          1989 GTR - summer toy
                          2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

Nice car. I like
                            01 Chevrolet Maliboom-boom (winter BEATER)
                            93, 94, 96 Toyota Supras
                            95 R33 GTS-T
                            04 R44 Raven1 helicopter

Comment

RIP
                              (O||o___SKYLINE___o||O)

I'm thinkin' RB's

Comment

Working...
                              X