Another black gts build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another black gts build!

I bought this car in 2006. It came basically stock and a rb25 turbo @14 psi and a gtr wing.

I parked it for a few years and drove it here and there.

In 2008 the old rb20 had enough and felt like it was time to meet jesus ,so i swapped in a r34 neo 25 in it.

I then proceeded to accumulate parts as i met my wife and bought a house.

Here is the progress so far. i should hope to have all the suspension in by the end of the summer with it tuned .

It has been really slow so far my wife and I just had our first child in April. I love nissan to the bone

i would like my skyline to look like the others in my album! thanks for looking

Parts list so far......

Rb25 neo

Vipec v44 ecu

Gt35r turbo (precision brand,same size)

Tial 44mm wastegate

3 inch exhaust with screamer pipe

exhaust manifold

New oem headgasket

ARP headstuds

N1 Waterpump

Siemens deka 870cc injectors

Warlboro 255

Welded diff

Hanbai dt 05r wheels 17x8 and 17x9.5

Complete Driftworks pro handling package. (All arms and bushings)

Powered by Max super steering angle kit.

PBM hydraulic E brake.

Hicas removed

Origin 20mm frp front fenders.

Spats frp seat

Big ass intercooler

ac removed

electric fans

ricer gauge pod

Loud as sh%^ air horn

Also have a bunch of miscellaneous stereo equipment going in as well.

I am shooting for around 450 to the wheels ,and once i get some cams hopefully a little more!

Let me know what you think,good or bad. I am here to learn,thanks

Garret
    Last edited by Volden; 06-25-2012, 12:57 AM.

wow sounds great youve spent some money on the sucker and there are very few neo builds in canada that i have seen. one question tho why spend all of that money and run a shitty oem hg?
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

they could not get it the head machined in time , and i have looked at a few builds and the oem ones are quite capable of holding alot of power so i decided to go for it anyways .

thanks!

Comment

I like.

From what I have seen, the seal around cylinders is not very good with stock headgasket (frayed, thick, thin), but it's better than a cheap metal headgasket that has what looks like a paper thin seal around cylinders. Good metal headgasket has a thick seal around cylinders and is very hard to blow unless head bolts stretch and head lift's or is not bolted down properly.
        Last edited by Skym; 06-21-2012, 11:38 AM.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

thanks skym

anyone know how to upload pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Volden View Post
            thanks skym

anyone know how to upload pics?
            in the text box you click on the little icon on the right that looks like a picture of a tree (between the hyperlink and film strip icons)
            Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

okay i linked my pictures now thanks in full to RABBIT

as you can see everything is a total mess right now!
              i have tonnes of work to do and lots of parts still in boxes..... i just recieved one of my spindles with the new pbm super angle kit welded on. the other one should be done on monday!

next on the list is painting the spindles and rear subframe
              Last edited by Volden; 06-25-2012, 12:47 AM.

Comment

subframe and spindle arms painted!

And while i was waiting for some paint to dry i put on the horn! it sounds exactly like a hand held can air horn. my factory one was obsolete so i bought this one for twenty bucks online

Comment

tommorrow i should have my other knuckle welded up and then i can paint that and the diff and put everything back together

Comment

just had enough time last night to do some rough measurements, made the lower arms 30mm wider in the front,and made sure i am not missing any parts.

new driftworks stuff is really good quality. quite surprised how strong yet light all the arms and coilovers are.

hopefully this weekend i will have a good full day to work on it and get most of it back together before i do an alignment.

Does anyone have any inputs on alignment angles?

I have been doing lots of reading on the subject of drift alignment. But its always nice to hear what others think on this forum. Lots of good experienced skyline lovers on here.

Comment

Just finished putting in the rear subframe and diff

Comment

one step at a time!

Comment

Comment

and some quick dirty pics of the babymobile and the quad hauler.......really should wash them sometime soon cause that juke is kinda blue when its clean

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X