X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for best r33 drag suspension combination

needs to hook up 900+rwhp in a r33 gts-t

on 10.5 m/t slicks

having hard time deciding hks, tein, stance, k sport, or is there something better for the r33 out there

any help would be great new to gtrcanada

one of a kind car now need traction
    just a thank you to the guys at force-fed performance in Abbotsford, Marko, Rob, and Taylor, along with mirco-tech for building an awesome engine management ...

thanks seanf
    Last edited by seanf; 07-31-2012, 06:36 PM.

Wrong section but are you just buying coilovers or full arms sway bars etc?

If I had a serous drag car id look into Kw and adjustable arms to play around with alingment etc. I dont have experiance with 900hp drag cars tho, just sayn.
    Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Ok thanks I'll change where it's posted and yes full suspension upgrade

Comment

A better block might be a good investment. No point in having suspension if ur internals give out
        1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

got spares not worried about motor just hooking up the 900

Comment

Rob @ rips uses factory coils and springs but he is awd. They are softer than any aftermarket setups. Maybe HKS drags.

I would stay away from stance, ksport or anything else made in or around thailand.

Some adjustable arms, dial in some positive camber and find the softest spring/shock combo you can.

Comment

Tires you will need to make some space for 26 slicks.At least.

solid rear diff bushings,control arms and subframe bushings all most be solid.
              This helps torque.

I'm old school so I don't know nor do I care about new coilovers.
              My friends and I still run hks Hyper-D coil overs.
              I still have a rear set just to go out and have fun.

I suggest you get a set of drag racing wheels for the rear and buy the real deal.
              drag radials will cost you the same as a set of 26 slicks.
              Wheels(rims) you can find them cheap used.
              I run 15s weld
              You Love Japan and Japan hates you.Fck JDM

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Dude View Post
                Rob @ rips uses factory coils and springs but he is awd. They are softer than any aftermarket setups. Maybe HKS drags.

I would stay away from stance, ksport or anything else made in or around thailand.

Some adjustable arms, dial in some positive camber and find the softest spring/shock combo you can.

That' not so great.

The worst thing you can do is have the halfshafts at ANY kind of an angle at 900hp with slicks during a monster launch. The best idea I have ever seen on a serious high 8's R33 was no shocks or springs at all, just some solid rods in place with the appropriate brackets at either end. The length was set so that the shafts were at perfect neutral and the only thing soaking up the bumps were the 26x10.5x15 ET DRAG slicks. Front was stock GTS-T springs and shocks for descent front lift at launch.

With my car I set the rear shocks to full hard (Apexi N1s) and have the static ride height set to just a bit higher than neutral angle on the rear halfshafts. Front is set to about half firm and shafts are drooping just a hair so they are neutral at launch.

Jon.
                Last edited by Dragon Humper; 08-01-2012, 07:48 PM.
                Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I agree, halfshaft's should sit flat when launching and be ^ when stationary. With the thick drag tyres on R32GTR dragcars, they have to sit higher (rideheight), so halfshaft's are more ^.

Fastest R32GTR (7.5sec) runs Koni shocks, springs to suit. Most solid rearend import dragcars I've seen run Koni shocks.

Another high 7sec R32GTR dragcar I know of runs circlip adjustable height Bilstein shocks, springs to suit.

This is a unfinished R33 Dragcar project (solid rearend) -

There is a R33 25T dragcar in UK running 7sec. They had website with specs, etc.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

thank you all for input ill be spending some time looking at all the suggestions

thank you seanf

Comment

Dooood............pics. I should be coming down for the Langley Cruise-in this year with my car. Yours drivable?

We need to show the domestic guys that a rice grinder can lay some serious smackdown.

Jon.
                      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

streetable car but wont be ready for another 4-6 weeks waiting on new auto switching from 5 speed and to get chassis certified to 8.5

unsure at this point in time if ill be putting on road or straight tracking it, this was a huge surprise on hp now gotta rethink the car

Comment

Working...
                        X