My Kouki R33.4 sedan drift car project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Kouki R33.4 sedan drift car project

Hey guys. New to this site. Looking for tips and info on this build. I've built a few s13s previously but this is a new chassis for me.

I purchased a 1996 Nissan skyline sedan gtst. Brought it over from Japan. First owner in Canada.
    Series 2 rb25det manual transmission. Came over completely stock. Minus some window visors and oem navan aero.
    Got an opp and all that jazz. First thing I did was purchase and install some Used hks hypermax coilovers. Installed those and those lasted about a day before one of the front ones started Pissing fluid out of it..I learnt my lesson buying used coilovers. I then went online and purchased some Ksport control pro coilovers and put those in.
    My next purchase was a set of wheels. Amistad grancers. Fronts are 18x9+15 rears are 18x10.5+25d lugs and a 10mmslip on spacer was added in the front to clear The calipers in the front.

Next I got sick of the quietness of the sedan so I went out and bought some 3inchbexhaust piping and a pair of 3 inch tips. Ripped the old exhaust off and welded up a new downpipe and straight 3 inch all the way back. I personally love the sound of it.

Bought a hub and a cheapy aftermarket wheel for know as I was gettin ready for a drift day and had to remove air bags. Installed boost Guage and water temp guages

Picked up a gtr fmic and threw together a fmic set up with some extra piping I had laying around. I am not happy with Te way the ic piping is at all and will be getting complete redone this winter.

Also pulled the Diff out of it and welded it up, bought a 2 core aluminum radiator with 2 12inch electric fans, nismo thermostat and pulled out the ac.built a roof rack/tire rack and went out drifting.

After that i purchased some slightly used seats. One fia approved Momo non reclinable bucket. And a momo reclinable for the passenger. Also got a rci5 point harness and put it in

Basicly stayed like that for the rest of the season it was my daily driver during the summer.

Just recently put it away to start the build and putting all the other parts I acquired over the summer. Hydro ebrake, intake manifold, topmount exhaust manifold external wastegate eBay turbo. Q45 throttle body q45 maf
    AMS hicas delete kit Megan racing rucas and traction arms AMS toe arms r34 front end. And I'm sure there are some other parts I'm forgetting and there's Definitly more to come. Doing everything for the most part out of my garage on a limited budget. Obviously I'm gonna Havta get a tune and what not but most mechanical and all other work will be done by me in my garage on limited funds.

So she's now parked for the winter. First thing I decided to to was to tackle the r34 front end.
    So I took Off the front bumper and headlights and grill and hoood and bumper support. My goal was to just see how everything would line up to see how much work I am in for. This is what I got.

R34 bumper support r34 front bumper r34 hood and r33 fenders. Oh and r33 rad support but I took out the hood latch and support and put the r34 one on.
    Seems to lineup pretty well. Hood is just sitting there but latched into the hood latch. No hinges yet. I can't seem toget the good to go down enough to eliminate the gap between the bumper and hood. I've tried moving the latch and adjusting it down as much as possible but still a gap and not quite flush withs the fenders. As in it's raised up a bit. I'm thinking about putting th r34 rad support in but I've done a bunch of measurements and they seem to be the same size and have basicly the same shape. The only thing I really see the r34 rad support doing for me is having proper holes to install the headlights. Any thoughts or opinions on this? Anyone done a r33.4 before who might have some insight on this?

Personally I would of just waited until this
    Coming may and get a real Gtt....

Comment

But thats no fun. I love that rear end on the 33. Plus, less money for mods once all is said and done with the er34 compared to this.
      Last edited by Kunzz; 03-02-2013, 07:45 AM.
      97' R33 GT-R Vspec
      Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

Comment

Cool build, really digging the wheels and the whole style of the car.
        97' R33 GT-R Vspec
        Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

Comment

Deffinetly interested in seeing how it works out for you.
          Is this pretty much the same process as the r33 gtr to do the r34 front end?
          95 R33 Gtr

RICE - Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

Comment

Been looking to get one of these myself... Saw this exact one for sale recently. So are you the new owner?

R33 sedans are pure heaven in the looks department! Don't do the r34 conversion. Lol.

Can't wait to see the progress of this build, as I will be building one of these soon to, i'll certainly be wanting to learn from your successes and failures. So please post them!

Thanks and good luck.
            www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

wow 33 sedan looks so much better than coupe. Great build!

Comment

Well here's an update on this thing. Moved out to a ranch now there's tons of space to work on it.

Threw it up on jacks and removed the hicas. I was expected to see ps lines from front to rear but to my amazement nissan changed this at some point and mine was all electronically controlled just unplugged unbolted and it was out.
                I bought an AMS hicas delte kit a while back so I took my hubs out and got the hicas balljoint/ bushing pressed out and new bushings pressed in. Bolted on the bracket to be able to bolt up a AMS traction arm. I also went ahead and installed my Megan racing Rucas and toe arms as well

Removed my drum brake ebrake setup as I get ready for hydro

Pulled my engine and tranny. Make it easier to do all the work I have planned. Test fitted my manifolds and my turbo. Thinkin bout going with something slightly smaller. Bought new exhaust manifold studs as well as exhaust mani gasket and turbo gasket. Will probably end up doing a bunch of other maitnence well it's out such as water pump vavle cover gaskets intake gaskets oil pan seal possibly an oil pump.

Welded in the r34 rad support and bought r34 hood hinges from Nissan. Fitted the lights and the hood and the bumper and then went at making my own fenders out of oem r33 and oem r34 fenders.

Still need to fiberglass and bondo the fenders. Overall I think they turned out pretty well considering I've never done fab work like this before.

Going to clean up and paint the engine bay as well as wire up the headlights soon I will try and get some Better day time pictures.

Comment

Working...
                X