soon to be 200ZR Z31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soon to be 200ZR Z31

well i have had my car in sept 2011 and it has gone through a lot lol.

currently i has a VG30ET making AROUND 300HP

all of my mods so far.

PRW-2
    MSD coil 50k output
    ACT clutch (250mm)
    87-89 turbo flywheel (250mm)
    87 turbo VG30 (7.8:1 compression)
    rebuilt T-5 transmission
    S13 2 row aluminum radiator
    rebuilt cylinder heads
    HX35
    FMIC
    oil catch can
    Q45 VLSD & diff stubs with Z33 axle stubs and Z31 axles.
    3.54 r200 gears.
    external engine oil cooler
    Tial 38mm external wastegate
    HKS SSQV 3
    1980's HKS boost gauge
    RSB-07 cam angle sensor mod
    Nistune
    AEM wideband
    walbro 255lph

i have more to list but cant remember and while the VG30 is nice it's a pain to work on. I was debating a 2jz/1jz/20b rotary/RB25/RB/ FJ20 swap but in the end I think I'll go with a RB20. something about the RB engines that i really love.

here are pics.

Last edited by DatsunZ31; 04-08-2013, 09:29 PM.

nice!! looking good!
    Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

You should find an N/A RB20 for this thing, with ITB's and velocity stacks would be an old school beauty.
      Do these share the same suspension setup with S12's?
      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by RABBIT View Post
        You should find an N/A RB20 for this thing, with ITB's and velocity stacks would be an old school beauty.
        Do these share the same suspension setup with S12's?
        yes well it's close enough yea, the R31 and S130 have almost the same suspension setup.

actually I was thinking of a compound RB20 a T3 and HX35.

Comment

I like.

RB20DET = backwards in capacity compared to VG30ET. But compound turbocharging RB20DET would be something different.

420hp Nissan VK56VD V8 with Stillen supercharger, CNC adaptor plate and 350Z or 370Z gearbox.

Like this, but with supercharger kit, etc -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
            I like.

RB20DET = backwards in capacity compared to VG30ET. But compound turbocharging RB20DET would be something different.

420hp Nissan VK56VD V8 with Stillen supercharger, CNC adaptor plate and 350Z or 370Z gearbox.

Like this, but with supercharger kit, etc -

http://my350z.com/forum/shop-builds/...oked-vk56.html
            I hate the VG it's so cramped you can do anything in it. everything is so complex i dislike it. as far as i see the RB20 is a upgrade in terms of efficiency.

I'm sold on the RB20. 25 maybe, 26 no the price is too much to justify that on just a stock engine LOL. VK yea... but it's still a V engine.. not more V engines for me.... EVER! 2 head gaskets two manifold ugh I've owned v engines for 7 years, and it's really irritating having to do all of that. besides the VG DOES NOT have a very broad powerband like the RB's do, and they are cursed by oiling problems if spun too high. spun bearings and such in my eyes, it's not worth spending any money on the VG30 anymore.

Comment

got and installed hood shocks best purchase I've ever made,

installed my new KA 2 row radiator. looks good.

and got my fender flares.

buying my RB20 next month.

Comment

I'm picking up a RB20 this week with trans.

I have a RB20der R32 skyline wiring harness i need to figure out.... when im not lazy wiring harness is missing a few things.

Comment

you should go rb25. and those fender flares, please no. also is it easier to update to the later z31 front end(like a 87-89). they look more modern.

Comment

Originally posted by supersayianjim View Post
                    you should go rb25. and those fender flares, please no. also is it easier to update to the later z31 front end(like a 87-89). they look more modern.
                    i already have a 20, I'll run with it. if anything happens i'll skip the 25 can go with a 26.

Comment

So, I bought a RB20. I pulled it apart to get the head tapped and helicoiled (exhaust studs broke)

so i decided to take a look at the bottom end and it looks AMAZING! looks like fairly new pistons, it has ACL race main and rod bearings, ARP head studs, and cometic 3 layer mls head gasket, and cometic intake and exhaust gasket.

the cylinder are pretty worn so I'm gone to re-crosshatch the cylinders and throw new rings inside the engine along with new bearings.

this was deff a track engine.

later on i think i want to build the RB20, forged rods forged pistons, etc etc. for now I'll keep it simple

* cam gears,
                      * engine refresh
                      * 450cc injectors
                      * nistune
                      * T3 Z31 turbo
                      * adjustable FPR

Comment

Pics pics pics plz!!!

Comment

My RB had the dreaded cam cap bolt issue >.< what a pain THAT was.

this is NOT my Z31 but it gives you a idea of how it sits.

Comment

I like that engine.

Should keep the lifters in the order, place you removed them from head (can buy a tray for this). Why you do this is each lobe on both cams is bed in with each lifter. Same with cam caps (number them if you need to).
                            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

what is this cam bolt issue u speak of??

Comment

Working...
                              X