Shaz's White R33 Skyline Progress Thread *lots of pics!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaz's White R33 Skyline Progress Thread *lots of pics!*

Hey all! So I'm new to the forums so I thought I'd tell you guys a little bit about my skyline. First off, I've been pretty good with taking pics of all the stuff I've done to my skyline but unfortunately someone broke into one of my cars and stole my old laptop with all my pics on it. Fortunately I was able to scramble up a few pics from various different resources to show my build. Anyways.. I've always been a fan of the skylines ever since I was a little boy, much like most of us on the forums lol. The opportunity finally arose late 2011. I picked it up my first R33 1994 Skyline GTS-T at the age of 18. It came with Apexi N1 coilovers, HKS pod filter, HKS boost guage, HKS turbo timer.

Here's how she sat the day I picked her up

What's up with that hideous spoiler right? lol

Since it was approaching winter I put it away as soon as possible before they started salting the roads. While she was put away, I took this opportunity to sell the Volk wheels that came with it since I had a set of Varresteons sitting in my garage from one of my previous cars. The winter also gave me some time to find a new Type M front bumper, grill and a spoiler. After a great deal of anticipation I finally got to pull her out!

So after doing my first maintenances and fixing minor cosmetic things like replacing the shifter and E-brake boot and fixing the gap on my rear spat, I got around to powder coating my rims to gunmetal!

The factory headlights were just terrible for night driving so I picked up an HID kit. After installing those I realized my headlights looked really hazy and foggy so I removed them, wet sanded them down, clear coated, wet sanded again then polished them up! Unfortunately I lost all of the pics for that but here's a before and after shot of the HID's

After that I wanted to have more of the "slammed" look, so before I could do that I needed to get my fenders rolled. Got it done by one of the locals named Blain. He did a great job! Here's some shots of it in the shop and after the roll and drop.

I then found a sweet deal on a Greddy fmit and picked up 2.5" piping to go along with it

After the install I was getting some boost leak so I hooked up a boost leak tester and shot some air into the system. Turns out my clamps weren't tight enough so I picked up some T-Bolt clamps

Then I picked up a universal front splitter and cut it to fit..

Then I wasn't feeling the look of the old exhaust so I grabbed a new one and I also finally got my hands on a clean GTR spoiler! While installing the GTR wing, the blade slipped and cut my finger. Great things don't come without blood, sweat and tears right?

Then I wanted to get some authentic wheels and go for more of a "beerfier" setup and really loved the Enkei RPF1's so I picked up a set!

Then I wanted to get a bit more power out of it before I had to put it away for the winter so I got a manual boost controller and set it to 0.8 BAR.

Over the winter I picked up a few small parts including a Turbosmart BOV, NRG deep dish steering wheel and Recaro's. Hoping to put them in as soon as I pull her out!

That's pretty much all I could accomplish with a tight budget while being in school.

Here's a few more shots from a few photo shoots with some buddies of mine and currently how she sits. Enjoy!

As of right now shes a daily summer driver with hopes of building it to around 400-450whp in the near future. I'm usually in the K/W and Toronto areas so if you see me around be sure say hi! That's it for now but I will be posting more pictures as the progress continues. Hope you guys enjoyed!
    Last edited by shazarfeen; 03-10-2013, 08:17 PM.

Loving all the R33's showing themselves on these forums! Nice car

Comment

Sweet, hope my R33 GTST arrive soon and make it as nice as yours

Comment

Nice car man Love white r33's!
        Did u buy your front bumper like that or did u cut/fill it?
        01 Chevrolet Maliboom-boom (winter BEATER)
        93, 94, 96 Toyota Supras
        95 R33 GTS-T
        04 R44 Raven1 helicopter

Comment

Thanks guys!
          And I actually bought it like that, the previous owner cut/filled it in order to fit his fmit. Worked out in my favour!

Comment

Looks good. Hope to see you out at a few meets this year.
            1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

LOVE how those enkeis look!
              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Thanks for the love guys! And @MKIV I'm always down for a meet, let me know of any!
                Last edited by shazarfeen; 03-16-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Picked up a second hand pair of continental 255/35/R18 tires today. This should help fix some of my rear end rake and give me some more thread on the roads!

Comment

Working...
                  X