From one GTR'cer to another, James' continuation of a great start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From one GTR'cer to another, James' continuation of a great start

ok so i have recently purchased MKIV's r32 GTST with the following work done.

(stolen from his build thread)

Originally posted by MKIV View Post
    MKIV's GTS-t - Built and tuned by Pür Automotive

Before I begin, I'd like to give a big round of thanks to all the guys over at Pür Auto for their great quality work and A+ customer service. From the day I dropped the car off to the day the project was completed, these guys went the extra mile to ensure I was happy with the build as it progressed. Thanks to Vlad, Slav and Ted.

I'll try to summarize as much as possible, maybe use more pictures than words!
    Now without further stalling, here we go!

September 2011:
    Owned my Skyline for about 6 months at this point. I could say confidently that it was my favorite car to own, and I knew that I'd be doing some sort of upgrades on it in the near future, whether performance or visual.

Mid-September, I start experiencing issues with the car. The RB20 was running a bit rough.

I decided it was time to bring it into a shop to have it looked at... and you can probably guess where I brought it.

October 2011 - December 2011:

I moved to London as I was returning to school. As a result the car mostly sat and didn't progress much. Pieces were gathered here and there and some parts were ordered, including the GTR front end that I planned to get done.

GTR bumper with JUN replica lip after paint.

Thanks to Daryl @ RightDrive for these aftermarket clear corners. The fitment was actually great with the GTS fenders and GTR headlights.

January 2012:

I'm back in town - Time to get serious!

Went over to the shop and had a nice surprise waiting for me... PARTS

This was probably the last time I saw the GTS front end on my car... good riddance!

Skipping a lot of in-between, the RB25 which I purchased from the shop was sent out to have the head rebuilt. The engine also received a thicker head gasket, ARP head studs, and a few other goodies.

Assembled with "Freddy" intake manifold.

Slowly but surely, the project was coming together!

February 2012:

I think this next picture will speak for itself!

Seeing as I work full-time making automotive paint, I figured I may as well supply the shop with some paint to get the engine bay looking nice... and jeeeez.. was I blown away when I saw what the guys had done!

Motor swapped in. Looks like it belongs there, don't it?

And shortly afterwards, the GTR front end (fresh out of paint) went on!

Mid-February:

Picked up an RB25 transmission and DS off Mike (Belontay-typem). Thanks a lot for helping me piece out the last few parts of this project. He even dropped it off at the shop for me! The car was finally ready to be dyno tuned.

March 2012:

The car took a few days to tune. The guys at the shop knew this car was a 99% daily driver so they wanted to make sure it was 101% before it left their shop. And that, they did!

The car made 354whp @ 18psi on a Garrett GT2871R.

Summary:

I'd like to once again thank everyone who helped out with this project. All the guys at the shop, thanks for the amazing machine you built. I highly, strongly, seriously and truly recommend anyone who needs assistance or has plans for a build to give these guys a call!

The only thing that runs through my mind when I drive the car now is "what's next?"... who knows the answer though.

Thanks a lot for reading!

So since ive purchased the car (about 48 hours ago haha)

-Fixed a few small things, im a bit of a detail freak, rear window was rattling and making lots of squeaks, reglued a little in the back pass side window.

-Removed a home made bracket that was hiding behind the speedo and making some sort of aweful noise over any bump

-Remounted side skirts as they all seem to start to come off over time

-While in the GTA purchased some strut bars off another GTRC member, they were pitted ugly and just needed an overhaul so i spent all last night wet sanding/polishing the front came out quite nice, aside from a few larger dings it looks like a fresh chrome one now just have to put in the hours to the rear and it will be good 2 go!

-General wire clean up, worked some zip tie magic just tidying things up.

-Completely went over the car top to bottom and cleaned it, not like there was much though previous owner took spectacular care of this car.

-Replaced Shifter Boot

-Adjusted hood and front fenders (fits much nicer now) less gaps from conversion.

-Fixed Horn, was grounding out and staying on unless a shim was placed in the wheel.

TO DO LIST:

-Shifter has a weird issue, car stays in gear but the shifter comes loose has all sorts of play, replaced a ripped boot (3rd one down so last before the tranny) took it apart like 9 times in the last 10 hours trying to solve the issue and the little plastic cap on the end of the shift rod (idk what to call it) has been melted a little and it finally broke! I NEED ANOTHER!!

-GTR Quarters, going for that wide ass look, also throwing on some 285 45 18's for that rediculous look

-Repaint (same colour) just fix all small dings and little blemish's also make the gtr quarters fit proper.

PICS TO COME
    1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R What did i get myself into again...

Had a little issue fitting the strut bar after spending hours upon hours polishing the front i really should have made sure it fit before installation.... o well nothing a little more work couldnt fix.

it was sitting too high for the hood and hitting so i put a nice little line of mustard on the bar to see where the hood needed to be modified (aka some hammering) heres how it looked

ill take a pic of the rear strut bar so the difference is shown between some wet sanding and polish.
    1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

Comment

ok so having some issues and getting some issues fixed. loving the skyline but my bank account doesnt. just ordered a widebody kit for it, so she's gonna have a large ass should look nice when its done and be one of very few with this kit in canada as i just ordered it from overseas will post pics when it arrives, fitment, bodywork required and a finished result with the car completely repainted. should be amazing when its all done!
      1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

Comment

so good and bad news today for this build... bad news first, the dog had some medical issues and i was greeted with a 2,500$ vet bill. but hey you gotta do whatcha gotta do he's my buddy. onto the good, i already ordered my quarters before the dog stuff so theres no going back there haha kinda of a good bad thing i suppose, and my short throw shifter from FEAST came in today, must say im absolutely shocked at how great these guys are. sourced me a used short throw, its in A-1 shape and the shipping took less than a week from japan... AMAZING service! threw it in today after weeks of shifter issues with mine. so heres a few pics of the install, forgot to take pics until half way done hehe

started by fishing out the broken plastic aka cutting my knuckles to shyte!

stuck the other one in smooth as ever and went in quite easy! only difficult thing was the last rubber boot screwing it in without a third hand.

So with that done, also got some new front sway bar links in all the rattles and squeeks are finally gone! onto the wide body quarters as soon as they land!
        1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

Comment

It's definitely coming along really well James. Can't wait to see more updates.

Sorry to hear about your dog... keep us updated on that as well!
          1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Very nice! You drove this back?
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Oakville> i did fly into toronto and drive back looked at one other gtrc members gtst it was MINT really threw me for a loop didnt know what i wanted more also looked at some 65-69 mustangs but wouldnt change my decision if i could! loving this gtst.

lmfao so i just picked the dog up......... took him in for a sore thing on his leg and to see if there were any complications and it was fine but we found out he has some disease in his mouth and had to pull 14 teeth. now i would usually never EVER laugh at this but my dog is hopped up on better drugs than you could find in your local crack shack... hilarious and stumbling around just flops his head onto pillows. hes A OK though so all good

now back on topic. went for a drive with the short throw, wow its much better/tighter all together, quarters will be in friday if im a lucky one but doubtful... started pricing some tires, anyone know what size rim is required for a 295 tire? wondering if i could cram a 295 or even a 305 onto the wheels i have now hehehe.
              1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

Comment

Oh lord here we go... So my quarters just landed and it looks like it's really happening now hahaha kinda overwhelming task to begin. Good news is they're decent and will look amazing and give the real aggressive look I'm going for.

Also today I got a steal of a deal on kijiji... Picked up a pair of near new 275/35/18 tires for the rear. Ill post up some pics tomorrow but it's gonna look nasty when I'm all said and done with it
                1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

Comment

sounds like your in the same boat as me! powerfull r32 rb25 that will absolutly not hook up and you cant fit any decent size tire under the stock quarters haha
                  definatly post up lots of pics of the over fender install!! maybe itll give me the motivation to do the same to mine.
                  Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

Working...
                  X