Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1000 Skyline Back From The Dead

bit of a background story.
    my names charles, and im 20 years old. ive owned a couple skylines, an s14, a 180, and a wrx. thought i could trade my way up to a gtr, which i did before blowing the motor within a week. (impulse traded the wrx, should have looked over the gtr before trading)

some pictures of a couple of the cars i've owned

after selling the gtr, i was basically carless for all of winter. ran into a buddy of mine who crashed his skyline, and i offered to buy it for $1000.

Last edited by cnruff; 07-04-2013, 09:52 PM.

Pictures don't work
    Originally posted by Robski
    do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

Comment

so when i got the car, it was pretty mangled in the front end. rad support was pushed back about 4 or 5 inches. i straightened it out as best as i could, changed the rad, and get her running again.

bought a new hood, and basically threw the front end back together

covered the hole in the bumper with green painters tape, and drove it around like that for about a month. im sure someone on here has seen it in that state haha

bought a pair of gtr fenders, a driver side headlight, and a tommy kaira front bumper. no rebar for the time being, so i had to make custom brackets to mount the bumper. also threw on a gtr spoiler

Comment

next, i got a front mount installed, and fixed all the boost leaks and problems with hesitation. running smooth now with no problems at 12psi

and heres what she looks like today.

my plans are to build it back up to respectable standards, and just have a nice clean daily driver. maybe somewhere down the line i'll throw in an rb25. all in all im 3g in, including the price of the car. not a bad deal i'd say

Comment

Very nice I like that blue paint.
          Originally posted by Robski
          do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

Comment

haha thanks. funny thing is, the paint is my least favorite part. im planning to paint the car white over the winter

Comment

Dope car! keep it up lol
              follow or check out my instagram kaywiin

Comment

so there wasn't any frame damage??

Comment

why can't I find a skyline for a thousand dollars?!

It looks good what was the original bumper? and any performance plans?

Comment

hey where in ot are u located i never saw yo car ..

Comment

im in calgary, ab

nothing really planned yet performance wise, its my daily driver so i cant afford to have it sit to have projects done. i just wanna get it looking the way i have it envisioned in my head right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X