RB25DET build slowly but surely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB25DET build slowly but surely

I've owned my 1990 r32 gtst for over 7 years and have been adding miscellaneous parts for the past 4 years. I've thought about building my rb20det, selling it, or just buying a separate rb25det and build it from the ground up. So finally i made the decision and purchased a rb25det My plans for this build is to make a reliable 400-500 whp toy to drive on the weekends. Once I figure out out to post pictures, ill fill in the details

Here is my ride, purdy and blue.

Mishimoto oil cooler
    Mishimoto rad
    Mishimoto oil catch can
    Mishimoto dual electric fans
    Greddy trust intercooler
    Split fire coil packs
    HKS EVC 6
    AEM oil temp, water temp, oil pressure, boost gauge, Wide band O2 sensor
    3'' down pipe and straight pipe
    Greddy oil filter relocation kit
    AMS rear Upper control arms
    AMS sub Frame collars
    Tein HA coil over
    Tension rods/tie rods
    AMS front upper control arms
    NGR aluminum lug nuts (never given a key for those bad boys :/)
    HKS pod filter
    255 fuel pump (can't remember brand)
    KDW-2 tires front and rear
    MOMO shifter knob and Ebrake
    Corbeau Racing seats
    Auto Meter Tach and shift light
    Mines ECU

I think thats about everything worth mentioning.....

Comment

OK off to a good start, now for the new engine

So far on at this point I have ACL bearings, ARP bolts, cometic head gasket, Micro polished crank and balanced. And missing one cam gear cover
      Last edited by Just_Chris; 01-19-2014, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Next a couple of bolt ons.....

Picked up a new forward facing plenum, 80mm throttle body and fuel rail.

Comment

One more little goodie, a top mount mani. It is t3 flange since i was going for a holset, but things change.. will be changing to a t4

Comment

Now heres the reason for the T3 to T4 change.... Last pick for a while though, Hope everyone enjoys!!!

Comment

What size is the bw ? I bought a s363 for my rb25 neo !
              Nice build , you will love the rb25 for sure !

Comment

It's a custom 60 mm trim

Comment

It looks like I have a few more goodies on the way, so I'll post the goodies as soon as I can, I hope u guys enjoy!

Comment

Please ditch that crappy quality exhaust manifold man. Its going to give you nothinf but issues.

Trust me in this one, a 6boost manifold will actually make good use of that turbo you have and not crack.
                    Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

I'll be running that mani for a season or 2 until I eventually buy a 6 boost, in the mean time It will do the job.

Comment

I know a few guys running cheap ebay manifolds on rb25's for years without issue. If it cracks weld it. They cost around $200-$400 to your door, as opposed to $1300+ for a 6 boost. You made the right choice. Glad to see you went with the BW!

good luck with the build.

(not saying your wrong supraclean, just saying this manifold will be fine for use.)

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Just_Chris; 02-06-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

im a little torn on the issue of a quality vs ebay manifold. I have seen the ebay manifolds that are dirt cheap hold up at 600whp and 25psi for years without issue. but then again on the other hand I went threw 3 in one season on my honda a few years ago. they didn't just crack but one even cracked all around the waste gate flange and the entire flange broke off. I really think its a crap shoot whether you get lucky or not. But at the cost its definitely worth the gamble if a 6boost or better isn't in the budget
                              1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Working...
                              X