Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R33 GTST and GTR front bumper support / rebar

Hey fellas
    Im putting larger front fenders and bumper on this year and I was told an R33 GTR front bumper support is required for the size difference. My question is can I modify my GTST front bumper support to work with the GTR size fenders/bumper or is it just easier to get the GTR front. I read that there is fender risers and a support on the front. Is this something my mechanic/fabricator can do easily?
    Thanks in advance
    R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
    Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Bump*
    R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
    Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

So you are installing gtr front bumper and gtr front fenders on a r33 gtst?

The gtst metal bumper would need to be modified for gtr bumper to fit, as the gtr bumper is moulded to fit on its gtr metal bumper. May be easier to keep your eye open and source a OEM gtr metal bumper. Depending on if your paying someone to do fabrication.

I assume the new fenders will be r33 gtr as you mentioned the risers.

Some other parts that would be needed for everything to fit nice will be:

gtr hood
      gtr hood hinges
      gtr hood latch
      Spacers behind your headlights to push them out 1" - 1.5"

The gtr front end is about 1.5" longer and taller than the gtst front end.
      Last edited by ButikoferSkyline; 04-16-2014, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I just took a look at my gtr and gtst bumpers, I would say just source a gtr metal rebar as they are quite a bit different and the gtr bumper is moulded to the center section of the metal rebar. See pics below.

Comment

I know Rocky Mountain imports have a side wrecked r33 gtr they are parting, this was a few months back, worth a shot inquiring if they still have metal bumper

Or brand new

RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

Also heard rumours that the r32 gtr front metal bumper is the same as r33 gtr..

hey guys I have a front reo bar here that came off my r32 gtst, this is a r32 gtr front reo bar but I have done some research and the r33 front reo bar has the same part number (62032 05U00) so should fit a r33 also... the bar is straight as but looks like the holes for the N1 vents have either b...
          Last edited by ButikoferSkyline; 04-16-2014, 10:09 PM.

Comment

I just bought a r33 gtr rebar and it fit perfectly on my r33 gtst. I modded the gtr rebar by grinding off some access metal to fit an after market bumper I had. Im pretty happy with the results. It fits well with the car and there is no gap between the headlights and bumper. I recommend getting the r33 gtr bumper.

Comment

Working...
            X