X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fueld By Haters Project ;) r34 skyline

Hi All,

First ill introduce myself , my name is Marc, I'm from moncton nb

A couple years ago I built my first LS swapped car, a 2001 Honda S2000. A few upgraded parts in the engine, she was a fun car! I regret selling it last year, but the lack of room in the car made me sell it.

I've had/built several vehicles since, and built a few vehicles since..(RWD f20c swapped civic, Toyota supra 2jzgte, skyline R34 ect..) but I still miss the sound of the ol v8!

My new project that i will be swapping a V8 in is a 1998 Nissan Skyline R34 GTT.
    I have several things planned for this car that will fuel some of the haters around here

- Left hand drive conversion (Because I hate right hand drive, even though i have 2 RHD cars in the drifveway right now.
    -Paint the black body parts to match the color of the car (Also already removed that ridiculous wing)

and now the good stuff
    -Cam swap
    -Valve Springs
    -Head Studs
    -T56 transmission
    -Megasquirt MS3 Gold
    -Twin disc clutch
    -Borg warner Turbo
    Yada yada yada... you know the drill , lots of parts :P

I know most of you are Hard core nissan Guys, but whats your though on this ?
    Last edited by f22bcord; 09-26-2014, 01:11 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake in title

heres how she sits after 2 hours

Loads of room

Comment

Some more work on last night, just mocking up the dash little by little to make a mold
      Loads of custom work still ahead!

Comment

Very interesting build! Look forward to seeing this around when it's done.

Comment

I've seen a lot of your work and they all look good. I'm not 100% sure about an LS swap into an R34 but you're right. Nothing beats the sound of a twisted V8. Good luck!

Comment

Lhd Jdm...... Just don't look/sound right! But def a cool build
            Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Good luck, it sounds cool but I liked the wing =[. I want the supra but I'm guessing thats one of the rhd cars. Stupid ontario =[

Comment

Dude....that thing is gonna be awesome. Sooo many turbo builds out there with a 4.8/5.3 making over 600whp. In a light car like that it will shred any tire you can possibly squeeze under there. You probably have a plan already but...I would go 4.8l to keep the torque down, the rear diff won't take a 6.0 turbo setup. You could swap in an 8.5" Corvette pumpkin or if you are really lucky a ZR1 diff. Some have had pretty good success with the Turbo Thunderbird 8.8" diff (irs car).

Just finished a bunch of research on turboing my 4.8l Silverado and there is a crap load of LS swap vehicles out there making stupid power....on a bone stock engine.

If you do a really good job on the dash mould...you should consider marketing a conversion kit.

Jon.
                Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                  I've seen a lot of your work and they all look good. I'm not 100% sure about an LS swap into an R34 but you're right. Nothing beats the sound of a twisted V8. Good luck!

After spinning a bearing at Round 3 of Toyo Drift Australia, the boys at GT Autosound have decided on upping the stakes by building a 6.6lt LS2 TT to put in ...
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

^^^ efff^^^^
                    All that for a fraction of the cost of building an RB.
                    Last edited by bobbo; 09-27-2014, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                      ^^^ efff^^^^
                      All that for a fraction of the cost of building an RB.
                      Nissan have run American made engines in their cars and been very successful in racing.

One example is the Nissan R381 in the 1960's -

The VH Nissan V8 is said to be based of the Chevy V8 engine and Chevy internals are said to fit inside the block.

Nissan Y32 Cima has a 4wd VH V8 and has been known with some modifications to mounts, etc, to fit in a 4wd R32 Skyline chassis. Rare to see, but some have done it -

I think the Nissan RB is based off the GM 4 litre straight 6, but with a double overhead cam head.

Nissan has many different types of straight 6 engines up to 7.4 litre -

Last edited by Skym; 09-27-2014, 10:10 PM.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

any updates??

Comment

This build is gonna be awesome by the looks of the parts list. I seen the LS2k at SpeedSport the last time it was there, im from Saint John myself.

Anyways... subbed as long as the pics keep coming, reading is for the birds lol.
                          1992 BNR32 Skyline
                          285hp / 220tq @ 15.5PSI On Mustang Dyno 2014-09-22

Current Build:
                          Precision 6264 Turbo 1.00A/R
                          Tomei PonCam Type B
                          Manley Titanium Valvetrain
                          CP Pistons / Manley Rods
                          Supertec Spline Drive Oil Gears/Drive
                          N1 water pump / N1 Oil Pump
                          Haltech Platnium Pro
                          AEM Water/Menthanol
                          Tomei FPR
                          Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

May 9th, 2015 made 408whp @ 9PSI

Build Thread
                          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-project-cars/62483-project-modworks-monster-r32-gtr-16.html

Comment

Sorry for the late replies ,
                            i've been busy with other stuff lately and barely touched the car

here are the updates

-Cut the firewall ,
                            -Made templates of that needs to be fabbed up
                            -Done the fab work on the driver side fire wall (Got to do the passenger side still)
                            -Installed the brake booster to check fitments one last time

-Bought a 370Z low KM transmission
                            -Cut the factory bell housing off
                            -Mated the transmission to the GM Bell Housing using a custom adapter plate
                            -Modified the factory 350z shifter to be 4" shorter ( Making the transmission 34" long instead of 38".

-Got a steering rack fitted on the car
                            -Test fitted the turbo manifolds, Pro COmp intake on the engine

And now its a waiting game on more parts that are on the way.
                            Should have the engine mocked up in the bay by the Dec 22 if all my parts come in.

Here are some pics, probably not all in order of what happened, but its just to give you an idea ,... ive been slacking off at updating , but ill try to get it updated faster and better ..

The thing that kills me is that FB is so much more convenient than forums these days.
                            Maybe ill create a FB build page that you can come check out, will have more pictures and updated more often

actually ,.. i wont take the time to upload pics on photobucket , ill just create a FB page and post the link

Ill post the link by tonight

Comment

Follow the build here !

Comment

Working...
                              X