Car is not starting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car is not starting....

I went to the warehouse and pick up my new skyline, just like everytime, the car doesnt start. I DIDNT JUMP IT BACKWARD THIS TIME!!! anyways, i put in some gas, jump the car. the engine turns over, but it just doesnt fire. the fuse is good and the car prime. ( i think i can hear the pump). anyone knows whats wrong. i just left the car in the warehouse parking lot right now.
    Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

hey i got time right now.. even thou it's 730pm... I will come by to help you fix it. be there in 20mins.
    Fast isn't Fast enough

Comment

still not fixed...

Comment

Might be spark plugs, I've done that to a friends car that wouldn't start when it got here. New plugs, turned on 1 try.
        The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

we tried everything, it has sparks, it has fuel pressure, it is jsut not starting..

Comment

if you have spark and fuel it's timing. have you checked the compression and CAS?
            2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
            2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
            1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Another few things:

1. Even if you have spark and you can hear the fuel pump prime, it doesn't necessarily mean that it would start. Joker is making a valid point that if CAS is screwed, or there is zero compression in your cylinders (due to whatever reason) it may not fire up. And that if your timing belt is kapoot or has skipped teeth, your timing may be sooooo retarded that it wont start. For ever tooth that the timing belt may skip on the cam gear, you lose 5 degrees of timing.

2. Check your ECU wiring as well to see if all wires are properly secure. There are two wires right at the top and bottm left of the pinout (at the RHS with the pinout facing you and the turn screw also on the right at the opposite side) that provide power to the ECU. If the power supply to the ECU is toast, the car won't start.

3. Check grounds both for battery and the other ones around the engine. I know for a fact that a couple of those are needed to start the car and if they are loose or not connected at all, it wont start.

4. Try to hear the injector pulse. If you CAS is ******, it will mess the injectors up. Take the CAS out, turn the ignition of the car to ON and slowly rotate the CAS shaft. You should hear a TICK for every half turn of the CAS. If you hear those ticks for around 3-4 full turns of the CAS at equal intervals, your injectors would be firing.

5. Finally, check the fuel line pressure if you can to see if the pump is pressurizing the fuel at all. Fuel pump priming is one thing. A clogged fuel line due to messed up fuel filter is still another. So check that too.

Hope you sort your problems out, man.

Judas
              (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

Cheap, Reliable, Fast.....PICK TWO
              SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
              HEAVY METAL IS THE LAW........EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST CRIME

Comment

If you need a CAS, I have one for sale from an rb20. In perfect working order. Let me know if you want it.

Comment

change the plugs!

if you have spark you cant be sure its getting into the cyl. if the car was driven in japan and it suddenly is not starting here i cant see how the cas would fail on a boat. plugs can fowl though with bad gas.

ask ken about bad plugs. he thought it was a million other things then finally changed the plugs and it worked

Comment

Working...
                  X