Pressure testing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure testing issue

I decided to presure test my 91 gts-t to see if i had any boost leaks. Like always i blocked off the turbo, took the vaccum line off the back of my HKS bov and shot about 8psi of air into the line with my compressor. I then pluged the line and listened for any leaks. And to my surprise i heard my bov leaking out the end. I have only had this new version of the HKS bov on my car for about 9 months and all i have read about these bovs is they can't leak due to there dual stage pull type relief design. Could i have bought a falty bov? or does it do that under low boost for some reason? If anyone else has this same set up i would appreciate there input.

Thanks Graham

did you buy it off ebay
    a guy i know bought what was supposed to be a ssqv, i think or just the older model, but anyways he got it 50 bucks wow and all this drove and the thing didnt seem to like boost at all

thats why i support the companies that support our sport

Comment

How have you adjusted the BOV??? Most aftermarket BOV's should have a way to adjust the BOV, so it doesn't leak. On top of BOV, it should have a sticker with hard (arrow) soft and an adjustment nut in the middle.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

i think he might be talking about the hks ssqv which needs no adjustment, so it claims anyways

Comment

Yea its the new version that dosn't need adjusting. Im able to hit full boost .77 bar (11.1 psi) but i havn't been able to really open it up and watch to see if my digital boost gauge drops once i hit full boost. If it drops i assume its my bov leaking. Does anyone have the same bov?

Comment

i know 3 people with them and they seem to work fine and didnt need any adjustment

maybe you just got a lemon?

Comment

Working...
            X