Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB25 Neo questions

R34 RB25DET Neo:

1) What size are the injectors and are they regular style or peak and hold?

2) Anyone know the specs on the cams?

I'll probably have a couple more later.
    Brendan : Union Autoclub
    '01 Audi A4 quattro - daily
    '90 240SX Coupe - RB25
    I had a Skyline once.

go to skylinesaustralia.com
    they are really helpfull with these motors.it takes a day or so most times though.

Comment

1.) Top feed 370cc injectors with 136lph fuelpump. They are sequential, but not sure about using peak and hold to drive them, as I don't think they have a ballast resistor pack, so are not low independance injectors, like on a RB26 engine.

2.) Stock camshaft specs - http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-ca...aft-specs.html

R34 RB25DET has similar conrods to RB26 engine and cams are solid lifters (shim type). Also has a traction control device before throttle body, which the R33 RB25DET didn't have. The ECU on this engine can be modified with Nistune if you want a retuneable ECU.

It's the best of RB25DET as far as strength goes and with solid lifter it has the ability to rev higher.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm trying to get my Neo swapped S13 running so it helps a lot.

If anyone knows if they're peak & hold or not, please post up... would be great to know.

Thanks.
        '90 240SX Coupe - RB25
        I had a Skyline once.

Comment

Same injectors as the R33 RB25DET. No difference. Not peak & hold, as they are high impedance. only low impedance injectors usually are peak & hold because the frequency controlling the movement of current thru the coils inside the injectors is fairly low on them, unlike the high impedance ones, where the frequency is higher. Coils inside an injector determine whether they are high or low impedance. And on coils, the impedance goes up and down with the frequency.

Peak & Hold means that the coils have to stay 'active' for a longer period of time so that the magnet moves up and stays up, leaving the pintle open for longer duration.

Hope it helps.
          (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

Cheap, Reliable, Fast.....PICK TWO
          SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
          HEAVY METAL IS THE LAW........EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST CRIME

Comment

Originally posted by judasentinel View Post
            Same injectors as the R33 RB25DET. No difference. Not peak & hold, as they are high impedance. only low impedance injectors usually are peak & hold because the frequency controlling the movement of current thru the coils inside the injectors is fairly low on them, unlike the high impedance ones, where the frequency is higher. Coils inside an injector determine whether they are high or low impedance. And on coils, the impedance goes up and down with the frequency.

Peak & Hold means that the coils have to stay 'active' for a longer period of time so that the magnet moves up and stays up, leaving the pintle open for longer duration.

Hope it helps.
            they are definitly not the same, cmon man you should know better

r34 neo are top feed
            S15 Kei Office mechanic: Care for more boost?
            Orido: Yes please

Comment

Thanks for pointing out, Kyle. I meant the size, not the feed. I know they are top feed, but they are from what I recall, 370 cc as well.

And they are high impedance. That is also true.
              (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

Cheap, Reliable, Fast.....PICK TWO
              SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
              HEAVY METAL IS THE LAW........EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST CRIME

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, I just got the car running tonight. :-D
                '90 240SX Coupe - RB25
                I had a Skyline once.

Comment

Working...
                X