No announcement yet.

Clear liquid dripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to remember, a leak is going to drip from the lowest point.
    If it is the drain plug, which is pretty unlikely but also cheap then its an easy fix for a new drainplug.
    Personally i am not a fan of smearing silicone on plugs to keep them from leaking (especially not that much), if in doubt spend the few bucks for a new plug and if you're paranoid put a very tiny bit of silicone on the threads.

If it's leaking as much as you say, then your clutch master cyl. would be dry.
    If thats not the case then its leaking from the trans, which could be your main shaft seal inside the bellhousing running down and dripping from the drain plug pt. Clean the trans off well, replace your drain plug if you suspect that and then check again.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewc View Post
      You have to remember, a leak is going to drip from the lowest point.
      If it is the drain plug, which is pretty unlikely but also cheap then its an easy fix for a new drainplug.
      Personally i am not a fan of smearing silicone on plugs to keep them from leaking (especially not that much), if in doubt spend the few bucks for a new plug and if you're paranoid put a very tiny bit of silicone on the threads.

If it's leaking as much as you say, then your clutch master cyl. would be dry.
      If thats not the case then its leaking from the trans, which could be your main shaft seal inside the bellhousing running down and dripping from the drain plug pt. Clean the trans off well, replace your drain plug if you suspect that and then check again.
      Well i know for a fact its leaking a alot from the drain plug. Im getting that replaced and new fluid in the tranny today. If it continues to leak the tranny is coming down and ne seals all around. I know my clutch master isnt leaking because it doesnt taste bitter nore does it smell like brake fluid.

Ill update shortly. Thanks everyone
      92,94,95 Honda Civic
      92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
      91 Nissan Skyline GTR
      92,93 Nissan 180sx
      90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
      89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

turns out i had a small crack in the threading of the drain bolt. So when i tightened it the crack expanded and allowed more fluid it drain through. Everything is fixed now and im a happy camper
        92,94,95 Honda Civic
        92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
        91 Nissan Skyline GTR
        92,93 Nissan 180sx
        90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
        89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

Working...
        X