No announcement yet.

To N1 or not to N1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

n1 is a OEM pump it has its limitations , but put on even a rev happy rb20 youll be golden .
    people just do serious builds treat the N1 like a aftermarket wonderfuck and push their car hard thinking not thinking its still and oem piece.... not that there's anything wrong with that. you just need to be smart.
    Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
      as was already stated, they do fine above 8000 rpm so long as you don't bounce off rev limiters.
      even with with moded reimax gears?
      I have a tomei kit solid lifter and balanced high moded motor.Good for 10k rpms.
      will the N1 with moded reimax gears handle that?
      I for sure don't think so
      You Love Japan and Japan hates you.Fck JDM

Comment

gotta bring this thread back for one more big question!
        will an N1 oil pump fit on a stock Rb20det crank and block without any problems? If not, what would need to be done to make it work?
        I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

RB26 N1 oilpump, RB26 N1 water pump fits on RB20DET. Tomei fit them to their RB20DET crate engines. Ask ARC240, as I think he has a N1 oilpump on his RB20DET.

Or Tomei mention the processing that's done to shortblock to fit pumps. But can't remember what page on Tomei website that this info was mentioned on.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Alot of this RB oil pump stuff is a myth I think.. The oem 2jz oil pumps do just fine off the rev limiter. been proven many times. Hell I don't even think they make an aftermarket pump for the 2js. Just the seal in the front that goes. Maybe a better crank design? better balancing? The gear design IMO is nice but not the cause of all these RB pump failures.. Just my opinion of course

Comment

First off, Skym is right, Tomei uses N1 pumps. I don't think a company like Tomei would put a pump that had the durability of glass on their insanely priced, world-renown engines...they'd get a lot of flack and lose customers for that if they were to break. They use the N1 pump on both the Genesis RB20DET and RB25DET (all phases). Coming from personal experience, there are ZERO problems bolting the 26 N1 oil pump up to the 20 block whatsoever...even the crank seal is identical. I did a lot of research while doing my build and the N1 pump was a good option that I got good feedback from. They're durable, affordable pumps and provide a more than adequate amount of oil to the various parts inside the engine that need it most. I put one on my engine too, so far zero complaints.
              1992 NISSAN 240SX - RB20DET POWER
              1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

From what I have learnt, as long as you don't over rev stock oilpump, should be ok. The first revlimiter is a hard cut on RB20DET, then a soft cut revlimiter at higher rpm's.

From what I have read, what makes the 2JZ bottomend strong, is they fit TRD parts as stock equipment. With Nissan, the Nismo upgraded part's are installed in N1 / NUR engines (same N1 engine) that are installed in the top of the range GTR's.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

i think i remember Mark (ARC240) putting a longer nose on his crank, i'm wondering if that's necessary to make the N1 oil pump fit or not. thoughts?
                  I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

Originally posted by m_melen View Post
                    i think i remember Mark (ARC240) putting a longer nose on his crank, i'm wondering if that's necessary to make the N1 oil pump fit or not. thoughts?
                    Not true, will fit on stock crank oil drive collar.
                    1992 NISSAN 240SX - RB20DET POWER
                    1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                      There are 2 limiters on stock RB20DET ECU, one limiter is soft limiter and the other one is a hard limiter. From what I can remember, one limiter is set at roughly 7500rpm and the other one at roughly 7800rpm.
                      Depending on the factory rom, you are correct....
                      -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

excellent! i'm set!

Comment

I just dropped a rb25 into my car and bolted on a N1 pump taking the advice of dragon humper. Never been happier with it. LOTS of oil pressure all the time. No mods made. Just works great. Highly recommend them. And i've have my car up to 8200 with it when i touched the rev limiter. My bad hehe, and yeah no issues, i would not leave it there tapping it for long but she stayed in one piece thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                          X