R33 GTS-T front brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R33 GTS-T front brakes

I just got my r33 GTS-T the other day and it needs new pads/rotors front and back.

I've been doing some searching online but couldn't get definite answers, i found some where someone simply says they are the same all around as the 300zx TT brakes...

so anyway, i searched up on dba and the GTS-T rear rotors are the same as the 89+ USDM 300zx TT rear rotors

1) does this mean I can also get the pads as well? as long as the pads fit the rotors, should be good right?

as for the FRONTS...I can't find one that is the same size rotors according to dba...

the gts-t front rotors according to dba are 296x53.7x30x68x5 sizing

I looked up for 300zx tt(280mm), 350z(non-track/brembo), and even the maxima(296mm but height and thickness are different)...

2) can anyone point me in the right direction with a definite answer for the fronts?

oh and bytheway, I can go 1-2mm thicker on the rotors right? b/c according to dba's website, for example, the thickness for their rotor shows as 18mm but then besides says "minimum thickness" as 16mm...so I'm assuming their rotor is 2mm thicker than OEM specs?

hopefully some r33 GTS-T owners can chime in here
    R33 GTS-25T

R33 GTS-T front rotors are probably the same as R32 GTR front rotors, as R32 GTR front rotors are 296mm. The rear rotors on R32, R33 GTS models are the same diameter, 297mm and similar caliper (except for cosmetic differences). Front brake calipers (except for cosmetic differences), brake pads should be similar in size to R32GTR.

Best way to find out if rotors are the same, is using Fast program (parts department at Nissan Dealership) and see if part numbers are the same.

I think miniumum thickness on rotors is related to how much meat you can take off via machining them, before they need to be replaced.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

the R32 GTR front discs are 0.3mm taller in height and 2mm thicker...
      R33 GTS-25T

Comment

yea, so the rear rotors/pads are the same exact size as the 89-96 USDM 300zx TT...so I can grab those easily locally...

but the fronts :S...

I hope I can get them locally...on ebay I found some ferodo pads for the r33 GTS-T from the UK. I messaged him just to find out which ferodo pads they are...unless they only have one type for the gts-t

update...yea the ebay Ferodo ones are the SL series, so OEM spec...

I'm gonna wait and see if anyone replies here with a compatible model as I'd like to be able to pick it up locally if possible.
        R33 GTS-25T

Comment

damn...I guess all the r33 owners here in US/Canada either haven't changed their front brakes, or upgraded to a different brake system altogether, or have been ordering online...
          R33 GTS-25T

Comment

ok so according to skylineownersusa.com forum:

"I know Z32 rotors don't work as they are not big enough.
            The R33 rotors are 296mmx30mm
            The Z32 rotors are 280mmx30mm
            After a lot of research I found out that 97-01 Q45 rotors are 296x28mm.
            I also discovered that the R33 and Q45 rotors both have the same 54mm height.
            I went over to Autozone and got the Q45 rotors for $34 each and they bolted right up!"

I don't know if the 2mm difference in thickness will be a problem?

anyone care to chime in? if the 2mm isn't an issues then this should be a great find as the rotors can be found locally and OEM if desired...
            R33 GTS-25T

Comment

It's good to hear you found some front rotors for your car.

Not a problem if calipers pistons can push brakepads enough to apply pressure to rotor. Maybe just a little bit of air build up under brake pads when stopping, but slotted rotors can fix that. Or more meat on brake pads.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by l2iceman View Post
                I don't know if the 2mm difference in thickness will be a problem?

anyone care to chime in? if the 2mm isn't an issues then this should be a great find as the rotors can be found locally and OEM if desired...
                it looks like you're good to go.

good job with the research.. thats important info everyone else will need at some point.

i hope you don't have a type-m model as they supposedly have larger front rotors.

i would suggest that you take off your old rotors and bring them in when you buy your new ones to be absolutely sure that they fit.

Comment

yea i gotta check that, but as far as i know it is just a gts-25t, i don't see "type m" anywhere...lol...i'm gonna talk to my mech, b/c the other option is to get r32 GTR rotors which are 296x32 and shave it down 2mm...or apparently push the pistons all the way back and shove the 32mm in there lol...the only thing with the r32 GTR option is I'm not sure if they can be bought locally...

oh bytheway, what type of rotors are good? well what I mean is...from what i've read, i've seen a lot of recommendations to get good pads and fluid but as for the rotors, plain rotors are fine...is this true? this is for a daily driver, I always figured that getting better known products, like say Brembo blanks(OE replacement?) would be more resistant to warping vs no-name cheap rotors...or would it not make much difference as long as I have decent pads to match it(ie street use pads w/ regular rotors)
                  R33 GTS-25T

Comment

I am in the same situation with my r33 calipers that i am putting on my 240, i found the same information as you have found that 97 - 01 q 45 rotors will work as well as r32 gtr's. Another option i'm looking into are 94+ N/A supra rotors are 296x30 mm, but i am not sure about the other measurements will work with the nissan bolt pattern, i will update if i find any more info..
                    BPU 1JZGTE SOARER

Comment

nope,supra NA wouldn't work, it is not tall enough, it si 50mm or 51mm, whereas R33 gts-ts are 53.7mm.

i'm gonna go with the inifiniti Q45 rotors and see how it works out.
                      R33 GTS-25T

Comment

Just FYI, we sell pads and rotors for the ECR33 from Endless, Project Mu, Dixcel, Winmax, Sard, Blitz, Nismo etc.

If anyone needs any help finding proper calipers, rotors or pads with the proper fitment for their R33 we can definitely help you out.

PM me if any info is needed!
                        RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                        http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                        1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

ams also has a front brake upgrade that i was looking at getting at some point.
                          I love the thing and its worth it every time I start it. As soon as it stops make me smile ill get rid of it (not gonna happen)
                          (OO)|Skyline|(OO)
                          ....R33 GTS25T

Comment

Originally posted by l2iceman
                            nope,supra NA wouldn't work, it is not tall enough, it si 50mm or 51mm, whereas R33 gts-ts are 53.7mm.

i'm gonna go with the inifiniti Q45 rotors and see how it works out.
                            ahh alright thanks for the info.
                            BPU 1JZGTE SOARER

Comment

Working...
                            X