Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High RPM Hesitation/Fuel Cut and Glowing exhaust manifold!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still trying to diagnose the problems guys. Is there two or one o2 sensor on gtst? i have found one on the exhaust down-pipe.

Comment

• Yep, you found it. There is only one.
      sigpic

Comment

• check for airleaks before the maf?
        a leaking intake manifold gasket can also produce the same symptons that you listed.

Comment

• sweet thanks.
          Okay will do. you mean like the pod filter itself. or would it be after the MAS?

Comment

• yeah pull the pipe that connects the MAF to the turbo, also has the PCV hoses. check them all for any pinholes or leaks.

Comment

• so i am still trying to figure out the problem....
              Does anyone know where i can get OEM or replacement fuel pressure regualtor for stock rb20

Comment

• high rpm & fuel cut?
                are you running a boost controller? if so maybe your overboosting?

glowing exhaust? that is just wrong, unless you have some cheap china knockoff for an exhaust manny?

good luck
                .......GTRCANADA.COM
                Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

• Originally posted by pmurr181 View Post
                  so i am still trying to figure out the problem....
                  Does anyone know where i can get OEM or replacement fuel pressure regualtor for stock rb20
                  easiest would just buy a aftermarket inline FPR with pressure gauge.
                  but give mike at 4Xtoys, he probably has something and would give you a decent price im sure, if not autoream orsomeone would have one.

honestly check for vaccum leaks, anything that would make a source of vaccum (not boost leak) will make your car run lean.

you may have to get a pressure tester and open throttle plate and set the regulator around 15psi and listen for leaks, or if you have a smoke tester works better.

Comment

• Sorry but I really didn't want to read all 11 pages. Did you try a new O2 sensor?
                    -Josh

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
                    1990 Skyline GTS-R

Comment

• Originally posted by got_boost! View Post
                      Sorry but I really didn't want to read all 11 pages. Did you try a new O2 sensor?
                      i think he did all the basics lol, i hope

Comment

• yeah guys thanks for all the replys. I have done all the basics now i am looking further into it. its the stock exhuast manifold and i have no boost controller. Thank you fro all the help guys i will see what i can get for fpr and i will check for vaccum leaks

thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X