No announcement yet.

GT-R Instrument Tripod in GTS-T dash ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT-R Instrument Tripod in GTS-T dash ?

Hi,

Has anyone attempted to do this ? I am pretty sure it is a pretty easy mod that can beautifully fill an empty DIN slot.

So yeah, I came across a cheap GT-R triple din gauges (battery voltage, oil temp and boost) and thought it would be a good idea to install it in my central console since I had this ugly empty DIN slot. I have noticed the boost and oil temp gauges on the tripod are the same as the cluster so it should not be an issue to have these functionning. As for the battery voltage gauge, i'm guessing a little wire running work would do the trick.

So if anybody has done this or have any advice on this, give me a clue. If not, I'll probably go ahead and give it a try and post a write-up if I see an interest in the subject.

Note : I know it is not a very useful mod, keep in mind the purpose of this mod in my case is to fill and empty gap in my console.

Thanks

tripod, lol
    triple din gauges...
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

whatever

Comment

or you could get a blank din plate and put in whatever guages you want in
        understeer -is when you go off the road and see the tree that kills you
        oversteer-is when you go off the road backwards and dont see the tree that kills you

Comment

Well I currently have a blank plate but I just like the oem'ness of the GTR's ''triple din gauges''

Comment

carbon fiber DIN plate + angled gauge rings > OEM GTR tripple

...IMO
            1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
            1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

thanks a lot but the guy doesn't even said if he got them working or not.

Because I definately want the gauges to work...

Comment

he didn't cuz they're sitting beside my computer as i type this. but im not saying it's not possible since i never tried to get them to work.

Comment

If I can get the harness or at least the connector Im pretty sure I can get them to work pretty quick.

I'll keep you informed

Comment

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
                    R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

:P
                      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Working...
                      X