air/fuel ratios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air/fuel ratios

Hey im just wondering whats everyones a/f under full boost. Im running .85 bar and im hitting like 11.7:1 and the leans out at higher rpm(5500 and up) at about 12.7:1...is this too lean?

Thanks
    '91 skyline gtst

yeah thats to lean, i think it should be closer to 11.7 at the top end.

Comment

thats untrue, with the amount of boost your running 12.5 would be prime, so your almost bang on, your don't need to get into the really rich number until you start dumping 1+ bar of boost IMO from the research i've done

As long as you never see 13 you should be fine, just an agressive tune. Keep an ear open for knock but i would not be overly concerned
      Last edited by BrianV8; 07-18-2010, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Also depends on ignition timing your running that can cause unstable combustion (knock).

Max A/F ratio for stock engine is 12.0:1 at peak boost (around 2500rpm on stock engine) to peak hp at higher rpm (6400rpm) with 98 octane pump gas.

Safe A/F ratio is 11.6:1 at peak boost to peak hp at higher rpm. Why, if exhaust manifold or intake manifold leaks, can make engine go lean and with advanced ignition timing, could knock and result in engine failure. So having a safety margin with A/F ratio, ignition timing is worth it.

13.0:1 A/F ratio would be more for a NA engine.
        Last edited by Skym; 07-19-2010, 03:27 AM.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
        X