No announcement yet.

Where should I head next with my hcr32?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should I head next with my hcr32?

Heres the mods it has.

Nismo Twin Plate Clutch
    Manual Boost Controller
    Trust Hybrid FMIC
    Apexi Air Filter
    Synapse SSQV blow-off value
    Yellowjacket coilpacks
    Aftermarket Test pipe
    Aftermarket Downpipe
    Full 3" catback
    Walbro 255 fuel pump

Im thinking the next steps should be bigger injectors (s15 injectors? or what do you suggest?), engine management (power fc),send my turbo to get upgraded (where do you suggest?) ,z32 afm, and a tune?

Am I missing anything?
    I want to keep it reliable and daily drivable... What power figures can I expect?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by quadracer111; 08-10-2010, 08:04 PM.
    BNR32- Sold
    1998 Evolution V

The question is what kinda power are you looking to make...
    would be much easier to help you if you told us that.
    Also, id get a 3" turbo elbow as well so youre full 3" turbo back, also
    get an adjustable FPR with that upgraded pump if yeh havent yet.

Comment

Modified stock ECU with Nistune would be the next move to take advantage of what you have. It means you don't need to retune ECU straight away, as it runs the same way it does now (using stock maps off your cars stock ECU, if you download them from stock ECU before converting to Nistune).

Remove split dumppipe (turbo dumps exhaust gas into dumppipe, hence it's name) if you have one. Also known as turbo outlet. Split dumppipe can be worse restriction wise than stock dumppipe when boost level is raised.

Make sure it's a bellmouth dumppipe, like HPI dumppipe -

Basic boost up menu for stock RB20DET with 14.5psi, 268rwhp -

Nistune for stock ECU
      Deatschwerks 550cc injectors
      255lph Nismo fuelpump
      Z32 AFM + Z32 AFM plug / tail
      3inch dumppipe, 3inch front pipe, 3inch cat elimination pipe (replaces catylitic convertor), 3inch catback exhaust
      NGK PFR6A or PFR7A sparkplugs (depends on how you drive car and how lean A/F ratio is)
      Boost controller
      BOV
      Panel filter or podfilter
      Clutch
      FMIC

Deatschwerks 550cc injectors (click on dropdown menu to see 550cc injector price) -

Last edited by Skym; 08-12-2010, 08:45 AM.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Im thinking the next steps should be bigger injectors (s15 injectors? or what do you suggest?), engine management (power fc),send my turbo to get upgraded (where do you suggest?) ,z32 afm, and a tune?
        GTR injectors (or deatchworks if you want new, just use oem seals), Nistune, it's cheaper than a power FC i think (they don't make hcr32 power fc's anymore as far as I know), rb25 turbo or one of the kabillion t3 turbos that are available. I'm partial to the disco potato because it's so responsive! And yeah I guess get a Z32 AFM if you want. *

* I dont know wtf I'm talking about, follow this advice at your own risk.

Comment

im runing a pfc and i like it....the only thing that bugs me is trying to get a laptop to hookup to the datalogit. im starting my build list up and im going to be running a gt2871r .
          '91 skyline gtst

Comment

if i were you, (and i am you just dont know it yet) go with a greddy emanage, i have personally seen is ease of use and for th eprice its not bad, you should also start looking into reliability issues, every gtst i ever owned i put a bigger 2 core aluminum rad in, and always ran 10w40. power is great unless your break it every two weeks!
            Owning a turboed car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen

Comment

I want to make about 270-280rwhp and keep it reliable.

I guess my path goes:

Nistune
              FPR
              Dump pipe
              z32 afm
              550cc injectors
              Then a bigger turbo...

I want to keep it under 1.2bar (17psi) because thats usually all the stock head gasket can hold.

I would like a bolt on turbo...

I found this useful article

Would the garrett disco potato bolt on? Or should I find a rb25 turbo thats been "high flowed" with steel blades?

EDIT: just noticed that article is wrote by you dreaded fist (i assume thats you).

Thanks for all the advice, I wont be able to go through with this till next year, as I still have payments to make on my car *hint hint John*
              Last edited by quadracer111; 08-12-2010, 08:46 PM.
              BNR32- Sold
              1998 Evolution V

Comment

lol, im gonna slap you, if your nineteen why not come to te page for a beer and football game?
                Owning a turboed car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen

Comment

612-3239 hit me up with a text if you wanna come

Comment

just noticed that article is wrote by you dreaded fist (i assume thats you).
                    Holy cow I forgot I wrote that, lol. Take it with a grain of salt, I wrote it for the ad revenue and threw it together in about 30 minutes :P

Comment

Originally posted by sarazinj View Post
                      lol, im gonna slap you, if your nineteen why not come to te page for a beer and football game?
                      Haha, sorry man... I know your not going to like this, but im only 15 (16 in October).

Give me 3 more years

Thanks for the offer though...

Dreaded I will do that...

Will the garrett disco potato bolt on? Or should I shell out a bit more for a hks bolt on? (Doesnt garrett make hks turbos?).
                      Last edited by quadracer111; 08-12-2010, 09:46 PM.
                      BNR32- Sold
                      1998 Evolution V

Comment

Info in link sounds familiar.

Hybrid factory turbo with steel exhaust wheel is capable of 314rwhp (roughly 378hp at engine) at 16psi on stock RB20DET engine with basic fuel, ECU (Link ECU with MAP sensor), breathing, adjustable camgears (stock cams), clutch, etc upgrades. That would be a high boost setting for overtaking, etc. Everyday setting would be set at a lower boost level for reliability, unless you have a metal headgasket. Neat part is it looks factory (perfect sleeper).

Stock RB20DET with similar mods, derestricted + stock headgasket on dyno is capable of handling a Group-A TO4E/T3 turbo at 22psi, 381rwhp (roughly 445hp at engine).

Can run stock ECU with Ford Lightning MAF (rated to around 700hp vs Z32 AFM that's rated to around 480hp) in blow through configuration on intake piping after intercooler (factory is draw through, mounted before turbo), which is similar to running a MAP sensor and gets rid of restrictive gauze screens on Z32 MAF.

Ford Lightning MAF in blow through configuration (at 1:14 in videoclip) + stock ECU with Nistune on RB20DET -

Add drop in Tomei Poncams (around 24hp increase at same boost level with ECU retune), it shouldn't be hard to produce around 338rwhp (402hp at engine) at 16psi, which is a good amount of hp for a street car on high boost setting.

But it depends on how good compression of engine is and reliable ECU tune (safe A/F ratio), how you drive car, that should determine how long stock headgasket will last.
                        Last edited by Skym; 08-13-2010, 12:26 AM.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

on my black hcr i ran a flowed steel wheel rb25 turbo and its almost perfectly bolt on, with an old intercooler, gtr injectors, and a nistune flash i made 315hp. mind you i had some cam timing changes and my fuel was taken car of, but you can make an rb20 roar

Comment

Uh oh John....

Another kid in town bought a gts... He wants to make 600rwhp on the rb20 but doesnt know if his bov is recirculating or venting even....

Plus he told me "real drifters can drift anywhere, tracks are stupid"...

Not going to be good....

I think I am going to go with a high flowed rb25 turbo first, so I can bolt it on without the nistune for now... Then I will follow up with the bigger injectors, dump pipe, nistune, and z32 maf...
                            BNR32- Sold
                            1998 Evolution V

Comment

did this kid buy a red 4 door? skylines are gay anway, i onoly drive them because of their excellent fuel economy and their tofu cargo capacity

Comment

Working...
                              X