1990 gtst master cylinder+ slave cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 gtst master cylinder+ slave cylinder

Ok so heres my problem i just put a new clutch in and the clutch does not want to release, the slave cylinder is pushing about an inch, if we put a rod on it and give it an extra 1/2 inch push, it releases the clutch just fine, the sytem is bled so there is no air unless i got a bad master cylinder/slave cylinder.. i know the slave cylinder from a 91 240sx will work so its ordered, i was wondering if there is anything that has the same master cylinder? cause my pedal did feel a little weird before the clutch change. any help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by jboudreau; 08-31-2010, 11:58 AM.

I believe an earlier model Pathfinder has the same master, but do your research before buying. Even better find yourself Nissan Fast and bring the part # to Nissan or Fast will also tell u which other Nissan it will cross over too.

Peal the boot back on the Slave cylinder a little and see if there is any fluid in there. If there is and probably is your slave is bad. If your master is leaking down the interior/exterior firewall its pooched, masters have also been known to leak air past the plunger and not reveal any leaks. Pump clutch a couple times and bleed at master immediately(if there is air = pooched). I had to replace both. Slave was leaking inside boot and master was leaking air.

When you put it all back 2gether, the biggest pain in the ass is bleeding at ALL of the fittings from the master all the way down to the slave including the bleeders at the master, clutch loop and slave. Its the only way I and countless others could get all the air out of the lines.
    Last edited by beacher1B0; 09-02-2010, 05:19 PM.

Comment

thanks alot for the help.. yeah to me i thought it might be something wrong hydraulicly.. cause my pedal started to feel weird.. i cant seem to find any leaks any where, a couple months ago i was driving and i pushed the clutch pedal down and i heard a snap, the pin that held the pedal to the master cylinder broke off so when that broke the master cylinder rod bent completly down to the floor, i put a steel clevis pin in it and it seemed to work fine afterwords, but after a while the pedal started to feel weird like after i switched gears the pedal didnt feel like it wanted to come back to the top. So my initial thought is that it could of hurt the master cylinder internally.

It didnt get too bad tho so im not for certain because before it got bad my clutch was bad and needed a new throw out bearing so i bought a new clutch kit and put it in hooked er all up and she just doesnt want to release.. so ill try to reference the number on the master cylinder and see if that works, and i bought a new slave cylinder today.. thanks for your help
      Last edited by jboudreau; 09-02-2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Nissan also sells a rebuild kit for the master cylinder. I believe it includes the rod plunger.

Comment

Working...
        X