alternator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternator question

hey guys just wondering what usdm alternator is compatible with the rb20det. ive heard a bunch of iffy answers so im looking for a positive answer before i go out and get one that doesnt work lol thanks guys

Corey
    1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T 4 Door
    1993 Nissan 240SX S13 (Drift Project)

S1DC

Stage 1 Drift Crew
    LIVE FAST, DIE LAUGHING...

Hey Corey
    I found some posts that say a Nissan Quest alternator works although I have no personal experience with them.
    sigpic

Comment

I can speak for the GTR and say with a strong degree of certainty that they are the same. The casing is unique to the skyline.

Take it out and get it rebuilt for $100 bucks just about anywhere. The guts are essentially the same as a 240SX. If I remember right it is a 70A.
      2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
      2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
      1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

so is it a maxima alternator that is compatible with minor adjustment or 240sx? the quest is too much screwing around for me as i need the car asap. so my question now is does the maxima alternator work? yes or no?

thanks
        1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T 4 Door
        1993 Nissan 240SX S13 (Drift Project)

S1DC

Stage 1 Drift Crew
        LIVE FAST, DIE LAUGHING...

Comment

I'm going to assume you did not read my post and spell it out for you.

1. Take your alternator out of the car.
          2. Bring it to an alternator repair shop (look in the Yellow Pages).
          3. Mine took 4 hours to rebuild including cleaning etc, so pick it up a few hours later from the shop.
          4. Reinstall and enjoy an alternator that is basically new and has a warranty.

If you do not have your orriginal alternator or the case is messed up, get a used one from someone off here. As far as I know there are no domestic equivilents.
          2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
          2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
          1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Joker View Post
            I'm going to assume you did not read my post and spell it out for you.

1. Take your alternator out of the car.
            2. Bring it to an alternator repair shop (look in the Yellow Pages).
            3. Mine took 4 hours to rebuild including cleaning etc, so pick it up a few hours later from the shop.
            4. Reinstall and enjoy an alternator that is basically new and has a warranty.

If you do not have your orriginal alternator or the case is messed up, get a used one from someone off here. As far as I know there are no domestic equivilents.
            I agree with this, and if you spend a bit more money you can have it re wound for 30% more output

Comment

Hey Corey, Braden@JNS has a stack of alternators on his Used Parts Blowout.

Comment

Working...
              X