Clutch Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Input

Hey guys i am looking for some input into a new clutch. i have a RB25DET thats is starting to be built. i want it to be able to hold somewhere around 500HP but also have some sort of drive ability left in it. im interested in the nismo super coppermix clutch. any other ideas?

thanks guys
    Mitch

I have a twin disk exedy that's pretty good. I think it's good for something like 7-800 hp
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
      I have a twin disk exedy that's pretty good. I think it's good for something like 7-800 hp
      Overkill. Any single plate will do the job. A friend of mine is running F1 racing ebay crap on his 500 hp rb25 and its holding up strong.
      (O - O) S K Y L I N E (O - O)

1990 300zx- Rb25 swap in the future
      1991 R32 coupe- Rb25 and a money pit.
      2006 Porsche Cayman S- Im growing up.

Comment

Let's put it this way..... I love working on my car but I don't want to replace the clutch because I decided to cheap out on one. Also what happens if I decide to go for more than 500 hp? Well then I would need to change the clutch of course, well that's if I used your buddies clutch anyways. I always do over kill because I want a little room to play with.
        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

my car maybe 350 whp clutch rated at like 600 haha, overkill is alot better than underkill
          1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R What did i get myself into again...

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
            Let's put it this way..... I love working on my car but I don't want to replace the clutch because I decided to cheap out on one. Also what happens if I decide to go for more than 500 hp? Well then I would need to change the clutch of course, well that's if I used your buddies clutch anyways. I always do over kill because I want a little room to play with.
            My Friends clutch is rated at 450 hp and it still hasnt broken down and funny thing his rb25 is actually modded with some internall work.. You have a stock rb25 so theres no overkill there. Im just saying dont tell someone to go double plate cause in some cases its overkill. So based on the way you do things, because you want to have room, everyone should get an os giken 3x plate clutch.
            Last edited by RR32GTRR; 10-26-2010, 11:10 PM.
            (O - O) S K Y L I N E (O - O)

1990 300zx- Rb25 swap in the future
            1991 R32 coupe- Rb25 and a money pit.
            2006 Porsche Cayman S- Im growing up.

Comment

I would recommend going a bit overkill. Always leaves room for more horsepower/torque. In many cases a 700hp twin plate clutch will be easier to drive than a 500hp single plate clutch. I can attest to this after driving ACT/RPS singles compared to Exedy/Spec clutch twins.

You will have better clutch longevity, better launching capabilities, less stress on discs and pressure plates, and more power capabilities.... Pay more at the beginning = less hassle later on imo
              Last edited by JNS Performance; 10-28-2010, 08:28 PM.
              2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
              1969 Cooper S. Restored
              1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Working...
              X