headlight help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight help!!

trying to fix my signal lights to pass OOP..and mess it.now all my headlights lights up and i dont have a low beam?how can i bring back my low beam.i pulled my wire attached to the 20 amp fuse below dashboard for my DRL and noticed my wire is toast or fried..help please.need to put back my DRL again and low beam
    Last edited by edizer2010; 01-15-2011, 08:43 PM.

my headlights are all on at the same time when i switch it..it wont switch to low beam at all.will my system overload because of this..
    Last edited by edizer2010; 01-16-2011, 12:47 AM.

Comment

anyone care for helpin me...

Comment

I'm sure there's people around to help you, but it's really slow this time of year. Give it a few more days. I'd like to help you but I've never dealt in wiring, especially in Skylines, not to that point yet anyway.
        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Can you send a pic to me, are you running a drl, if so which one (hamsar) you low / high beam wires go under the steering column if I recall they do not go thru a relay, only the high beams, you can check for power at that location as well. This is where I spliced my hamsar into and the drl's work great. Will try to get some colors/pics for you.

Last edited by fast_freddie; 01-18-2011, 03:06 AM.

Comment

yes sir im running a drl but remove it because the wire that i tapped in 20 amp fuse under dash get burned.but before it my drl are workin good.my drl is in low beam.it all started when im trying to permanently light up my front signal light..i tap a wire from my headlight coming from signal light..now my low beam doesnt shut off anymore.if i switch my high/lowbeam,it always stays on high without shutting off my lowbeam.i appreciate your help sir..thannks

BTW this is the link how i did my DRl http://forums.jdmvip.com/Installing_..._Skyline-124-t
            Last edited by edizer2010; 01-18-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Ok, I need you to remove the wires that you have from the fuse panel to the headlight switch, basically putting it back to original . Now confirm that your high beam switch is in the correct position.

A) do your low beam lights work
              B) do your high beam lights work

Please let me know, if neither work, you will have to remove the cover by the steering column, the lights for both the low and high beam can be accessed here, you may have a problem in the high beam switch... you can power up each low beam headlight to confirm that they are working, you can also power up the high beam lights in the engine bay, if they work there then again you can test each high beam from the steering column . I am working so it will take a couple of days to find out the colors of the wires under the column for you..Also that is not really drl lights, yes they do turn on with ign. but usually drl's run at a reduced voltage. you can buy a Hamsar on ebay for 5 bucks. But once we find problem and pass inspection you can wire any way you want..

Comment

actually i put it back in original..i removed the wires from fuse panel.my high beam works,my low beam works but they turn on together.its just it doesnt switch to low beam.if i am right sir,when i switch on the headlight switch,basicaly the dash light and park light are on together right?then if i switched to turn on the 2nd turn both my low and high turns on together.everything is working even signal and taillights.maybe i have to open the steering column..
                and sir what is that hamsar?
                Last edited by edizer2010; 01-19-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

headlight help

Ok, remove the cover from the steering column, you will see a connector that plugs into the high beam switch, disconnect this plug. That should kill both the high and low beam lights. You might just have a problem with the high beam switch (shorted). Check switch for heat damage and let me know. If you have a test light I believe that power goes to two yellow wires at one end of the connector, the lows are in the middle and the high beams are on the opposite end. With the connector removed turn on your headlight switch and confirm that power is going to the two wires, if so the headlight switch should be ok,. Each one of the headlights is wired separately, so you should be able to power and test from the steering column. You can also trigger the high beam relay from the column as well. I will confirm colors tomorrow as I do not have the wiring diagram in front of me. We wired our DRL's to the high beams as we are running HID's for the low beam, the downside is that the blue light is on, but at a reduced voltage. Hamsar is a company that makes DRL's and is sold at canadian tire, I emailed them asking if they make a dual output DRL, they stated the number was a 45065, I have not received a wiring diagram to confirm. I used two 10 amp steering diodes to put power on the lights. Current was 2.7 amps per circuit so I powered the unit from the battery. Only one wire needed from the engine bay to inside of the car. All other wiring is done inside and only takes about a hour to complete, and you have true DRL's

Comment

thanks a lot sir..i appreciate all of this.ill let you know as soon as i open the steering column..hoping you can have a tread about this hamsar.the step by step procedure with pics..i ll try to ask for that canadian tire..and BTW sir,,any idea about a replacement for front rack BELLOW?someone told me 91 240sx will fit?thanks again sir..

Comment

ebay is selling a hamsar drl for 4.99 and 10.00 to ship, you can use these or buy from C. tire. Once you have the connector out let me know as we can test the both the high and lows and go from there.

Comment

Working...
                      X