Hey I need a bit of Info Climate Control Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey I need a bit of Info Climate Control Problem

My heat only stays warm, never goes hot or cold.
    Also it take a long time for my car to get up to temp, and I have changed my stat aswell already.
    I did a climate control test on my GTS-4 and it came back like this, code 24 & 25
    Then I did a temp test sensor read out and the temps read like this with the outside air being -2.
    -3, 5, -30 & 5 were the read outs

The code are pointing at suction temp, (I think)
    I looked for DIY on this and there only info on how to scan the unit, so if there some members here that can help me pin-point my problem that would be awesome.
    Its no hurry because I am gutting the car to remove all the floor tar and extra weight that I can, then doing my engine build after I restore the best I can.
    So I want my electrical system and cooling system to work correctly before I go adding new problems, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Collector1313; 02-24-2011, 10:53 AM.
    always building .... Finally own a 1993 BNR32

I have the same problem
    1991 GTST Type M

Comment

alot of us expressed similar problems a couple weeks ago, take a read through here, good info!

Originally posted by Paradis
      ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

If normal, a "20" is displayed.
        If abnormal the failed sensor number is displayed. The sensor numbers are as follows:
        20 - all is normal
        21 - outside air sensor
        22 - Inside air sensor
        23 - Water temperature sensor
        24 - Intake temperature sensor
        25 - Sunload sensor (small sensor on the left hand side of the dashboard near the windscreen)best to test outside for this :!:
        26 - PBR
        27 - Refrigerant temperature sensor
        Mine has been throwing code 25 (sunload) and i've yet to figure out what that sensor actually does. Ive unplugged it for a day while driving and nothing changed or was different so i figure it safe to ignore that one.

I haven't figured out the location of the intake sensor but my guess is it could be behind the dash where the aircon/heatercore lines come through the firewall.
        Rusty 240sx 1JZ project.

Comment

Thanks Tony-R32 thats the reason I found out the climate system check, I read the thread about all the problems you guys are having.
          Im just trying to confirm that the third temp I am getting on my sensor reading mode (5) is pointing at the suction temp its reading -30 when its only -2
          (and which sensor is that ? location?) also my code 24 & 25, intake and sunload sensors
          Im just trying to figure out what sensor is out of wack with the numbers that are given by my scan info
          Thanks again

johnZ32, thats the info i need, thanks. Im thinking you are problably on the right track with intake sensor location
          Is your car reading a weird number on the sensor temp check ?? My gives me one on my third number -3, 5, -30 & 5
          the minus 30 one is way off so if someone can confirm what sensor that number is coming from it would be great
          Last edited by Collector1313; 02-24-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

yea mine is throwing some weird numbers as well. i think i found the location of the Intake air sensor. ill go take a look and take a picture on my next break (im at work)
            Rusty 240sx 1JZ project.

Comment

It would be sick if we could confirm numbers after and get to the bottom of this for sure, Im laid off so I got sometime to put in on my car.
              Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Comment

i lookd over my bay and couldnt find anything so i'm going to assume it's behind the dash where the cabin air intake comes in. i'm going to pull out my glove box and all that crap when i get home this afternoon.
                Rusty 240sx 1JZ project.

Comment

So far I have yet to find any other way to for sure pin point my climate control problem. I have the two codes and i will start by replacing the two sensors and if that dosent work I will be completing a full interior gut any ways then I can check all the sensor leeds etc.. I will keep posting to hopefully give a better run down of the climate control and help other figure out there problem

cheers

Comment

Climate Control Diagnostics R32 and R33
                    The climate control has a diagnostic mode.
                    Enter the diagnostic mode by pressing the OFF button for five seconds within ten seconds of
                    turning the ignition on.
                    Sensor check
                    Sensor check is selected by pressing HOT switch (the red triangle) while in diagnostic mode.
                    The microcomputer detects whether each sensor input signal is within correct parameters. The
                    results are displayed on the screen.
                    If normal, a "20" is displayed.
                    If abnormal the failed sensor number is displayed. The sensor numbers are as follows:
                    20 - all is normal
                    21 - outside air sensor
                    22 - Inside air sensor
                    23 - Water temperature sensor
                    24 - Intake temperature sensor
                    25 - Sunload sensor (small sensor on the left hand side of the dashboard near the windscreen)
                    26 - PBR
                    27 - Refrigerant temperature sensor
                    This should tell you if any of your sensors are faulty

Takin from "The Sky Is The Limit". A book of Skyline Stuff.

OOOps. I just realized it was half posted. Ill leave it up for anyone who might find it usefull. Sorry for a post that helps none whatsoever.
                    Last edited by beacher1B0; 03-18-2011, 06:09 PM.

Comment

There is a whole section with graphs, pictures, flowcharts and operational specs in the r32 gtr service manual. The pics arent that good, but can make out that almost all those sensors connect up behind the glovebox and are to be tested with a multimeter from there. Sunload sensor is the one up on the dash at the windshield(also connects up behind the box).
                      Last edited by beacher1B0; 03-18-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X