what turbo gasket should I run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what turbo gasket should I run?

SOOO i am trying to figure out what gasket Im suppose to get for my turbo exhaust. I wanna no if theres a big difference between the two..theres a bump on the one side of the flange but you can get gaskets where the one side is flat, just wanna no if its a big difference between the two gaskets.

not sunk in though around the exhaust hole
    OR

ON A FLANGE LIKE this
    [IMG][/IMG]
    .... i know the top one is the right one..but can i use the 2nd one? will it make a huge difference????
    Last edited by trickey1991; 02-27-2011, 08:54 PM.

I am not familiar with the gaskets you are showing. My gasket was flat. I'me sure you will get some other opinions on gasket design.

Originally posted by trickey1991 View Post
    SOOO i am trying to figure out what gasket Im suppose to get for my turbo exhaust. I wanna no if theres a big difference between the two..theres a bump on the one side of the flange but you can get gaskets where the one side is flat, just wanna no if its a big difference between the two gaskets.

not sunk in though around the exhaust hole
    OR

ON A FLANGE LIKE this
    [IMG][/IMG]
    .... i know the top one is the right one..but can i use the 2nd one? will it make a huge difference????
    sigpic

Comment

ya its not a stock gtst turbo..its a t3 garret but ya i dunno if it makes a big deal or not between the bumped side and the flat side gasket..

Comment

are you running an external wastegate?
        N8er

F*** Salt!

Comment

Originally posted by natetheguy View Post
          are you running an external wastegate?
          Ya cause if your running a internal wastegate you will be blocking your wastegate port with that flange. If internall you will need a dual port flange i believe, and then tie in your wastegate port downstream of your down pipe.

Comment

im running an external..so we took the flapper out..welded the downpipe flange..and the plan is not..put TUrbo,gasket,flange,gasket,downpipe..to seal the hole up to prevent gasket blowout..so ya anyways..im jsut wondering if i need the one with the funky buldged out left side..or if i can run the one with the straight side...i dunno if its a big difference in gaskets..i dunno

Comment

I would say use the one in the TOP pic. It looks like its a better match for the exhaust housing of the turbo.

Comment

ya im thinking so too..just wasnt sure if there was a HUGE difference between the too..thanks man

Comment

Working...
                X