Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mines ECU

Mine's ECU for RB20DET GTS-T Skyline R32

I'm looking to upgrade my stock turbo to a garret gt30 turbo plus a new manifold. I'm looking to up my boost from .69 bar to 1.2 bar. I know that mine's ecu's are pre mapped for certain builds, and should be switched out for other ECU's on the maket for this reason. They just can't be re-mapped. Knowing this info is leading me to a new stand alone ECU but my question is, which mine's ECU do i have? I've been looking around the web for a couple hours and I couldn't find what i was looking for. I noticed most Mine's ECU's are specialy tuned for car's running 3inch exgaust, FMIC, 1 bar boost, after market air filters, fuel injector size, and so on. Each ECU serial number is off by a few digits and I was wondering what my Mine's ECU supported. The numbers i copied down from the ecu's face plate where in this order.

23710 04U01

MEC-R126 10507

NO.1

I was hopeing to install my new turbo and manifold in a month or so running 1bar of boost untill i earn enough money to buy a new ECU re-map it and run the extra .2bar. I have most of the supporting mods either in my car, or at a shop waiting to be installed. So if anyone can help me out that would be great. I appreciate the time you guys put into reading this post and helping me out.

Yes, Mine's ECU's are tuned to their specific applications. You can send your ECU into Mine's with your upgraded mods and they can reflash your ECU. This of course requires you to ship back to Japan and sit on your hands for a while.

The alternative most take is a stock ecu and a NISTune daughterboard. http://nistune.com. It is $200 for the daughter board and $200 for the software license. If you get a shop to tune your car you do not need the software.

The more expensive solution is a Power FC or similar standalone ECU unit. Standalone units usually run $1-2k however.
    Last edited by mfroese; 02-28-2011, 01:04 AM.
    sigpic
    89 Nissan Skyline GTS-t sports limited sedan
    4 door love.

Comment

There's a group buy in for Haltech unit's at the shop, but i don't think i can make the deadline if i want to purchase both the ecu and turbo/manifold. So if i decided to purchase either the stock ECU, and rig it with Nistune or send in my Mines ECU with a list of all my mods where do you think I would see the best gain? To be more clear, which ECU will provide more powerful load cells, air fuel ratio's and HP gains?

I guess it depends on who is tuning my ECU because each ecu tune will provide different results, so if that question can't really be answered I guess it comes down to preference

Thanks for the help
      Last edited by nissan_for_life; 02-28-2011, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X