5000+RPM Blue smoke.Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5000+RPM Blue smoke.Help!

Hello, I currently have a problem i have to fix before i get my retune, hopeing to achieve 300+hp on my r32 gtst.

The problem is that when i was driving I would blow blue smoke while boosting, i took a look at the turbo and it seemed like the turbo seal was going. so i replaced the turbo with a stock r33 turbo. I thought this would fix it. However now when im driving, I have isolated it at the 5000 rpm mark, if i exceed this i start to blow blue smoke. But only if i pass this mark, otherwise theres no smoke that i can see, and once i pass it then it blows blue smoke when i accelerate even below 5000RPM, and it also smokes when i park and idle it while i let it cool down. I have ran a compression test and all are good being 135-150 for all 6. I can accelerate as fast as i want to 5000RPM over and over and no blue smoke, but its right after that mark it blows blue, lets face it, we all want to use that next 2000-3000 rpm after 5000.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Ive been leaning towards mabe i got a bunk r33 turbo or maybe its my valve stem seals.

Also if it means anything, my catch can collects alot of water really quickly now. like in a day or 2 i can hear water in it. not to sure how this is possible.
    Last edited by Kazuyashin; 04-03-2011, 07:19 PM. Reason: forgot to add some info.

kinda seems like got some oil in your exhaust when the seal went on the first turbo but i could be wrong a car i was looking at the turbo seal went and at idle blue smoke would come out the exhaust abit
    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

I did take it for a decent drive afterwords to try and clense the system, as i figured i might need to burn off any extra oil residue. I cleaned out the intake pipes as well before re installing them. But after about a week here of testing and isolating the occurance of blue smoke i realized its not just left over residue from the first one.

Comment

residue would only be there for a couple minutes after the new turbo was put in, your burning oil somewhere along the way. It's only when you punch it over 5000?

Comment

Yes, only when i accelerate over 5000. then after i do that it will smoke at anytime i accellerate fast. its actually kinda of boggling me. i mean i should mabe try taking off the intake pipes and look for oil residue and mabe try going down a steep hill in 3rd to try and isolate the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X