speedometer doesn't work - searched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedometer doesn't work - searched

I have searched and I'm pretty sure all the issues were with an r32, does anyone know if r33's also use speedo CABLES? or are they electric or how does it work? what would one do to start troubleshooting the speedometer not working in an r33, my fuel gage works and tach does too but not speedo and i really should fix it..

thanks

please anyone got any information

Comment

Try manually holding the thinggy on the speedometer, if it works while your pressing it down, then it is possible that your motor is dead.

i had the same issue on mine.. Your speedo motor might be dead.. best off buying a new cluster..

Polak_GTR has one for sale..
      Last edited by flipridah17; 04-18-2011, 03:37 AM.

Comment

And r33s do not use speedo cable, they are electric...
        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

finally bought a new GTR cluster and after hooking it all up, speedo still doesn't work so now what?

my old one the speedo worked a bit like it would move but it was completely off. this new gtr one doesn't even go past 0,any ideas? thanks

Comment

the sensor at the tranny might be dead.
            Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

where do i look for the sensor and how to tell if its dead? anyone know what it looks like?

Comment

anyone know where on the car the speed sender is located? thanks

Comment

its on the right side. has 2 green wires coming out of it. Its about 1.5" in diameter. roughly 2/3 way back on the transmission
                  RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

Thank you sir, I assume you have to go underneath the car to get to it, is it going to be a bitch to get at? like its prolly on top of the trans so I'm likely going to have to reach my arm up right?

Comment

boy its dead around here lately for replies..

another question, if I do need to replace my speed sensor do I go with another stock RB25DET one, or should I buy a Rb26DETT one as that's what my cluster is from

Comment

Working...
                      X