telling a rb20 turbo from a rb25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• telling a rb20 turbo from a rb25

now before i get flamed i know that the rb25 exost wheal would be steal but the turbo is on the car i know it has bin changed but it is roomerd to be a rb25 turbo on my r32 gtst i would like to know if thare is eny way to tell like a part number that can be seen on it or sumthing cus i am planing on runing more boost like 13- 14 psi now i know a rb20 would not last vary long at this boost altho my budys rb20 has bin runing at 16psi for a hole year but i dont trust it new turbo is in the back of my mind eny wase for next year when i have more funds but this turbo has to last me tell then otherwise my car will have to sit if it gose on me i think i remember seaing the code v16 on the side of the turbo right underneath the nissan marking thare wer sum uther numbers as well not sher ide have to go look agen

This thread sponsored by:

BNR32- Sold
    1998 Evolution V

Comment

sweat sponsor thanx for helping

Comment

why is the sponsor sweating? is it hot in here?

Comment

Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
          www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
          Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
          Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

What on earth is going on here?

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk
            Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

I believe the rb25 turbo has 45v on the front instead of 16g... Hope that helps OP. If you saw 16g it is a rb20 turbo. Don't run it over 0.9bar.
              Last edited by quadracer111; 05-05-2011, 04:37 PM.
              BNR32- Sold
              1998 Evolution V

Comment

Seriously dude use some spell check if you would like our help. I dunno if its just me but my head hurts just from trying to read your 5 year old typing.

There is a way of telling I'm not sure of the numbers off the top of my head and I'm on my phone.

On the exhaust housing there should be a number/letters. Like 4SU or something like that. What does yours say?
                Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

this is the only pic i could find of mine right now. but i was also told i had a rb25 turbo also. ill have to double check cuz this picture sucks, but it apears to say 16 V .... what could that mean?
                  - Adam

:
                  http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Wow, worst spelling ever.

I don't have much to offer on this topic. The rb25 turbo will be larger but I'm not sure which exact dimensions, AR maybe?

I also don't think the stock rb25 turbo has a steel exhaust blade, I'm pretty sure it's also ceramic. Someone correct me though.
                    Last edited by GTSspeed; 05-05-2011, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Yeah, the rb25 is also ceramic afaik. Can't really run more boost than 0.9 bar either, just pulls harder than the rb20.
                      BNR32- Sold
                      1998 Evolution V

Comment

any ideas on the 16v?
                        - Adam

:
                        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

The picture amnash posted is an rb20 turbo which is branded 16v
                          S1 rb25 is branded 45v1 and uses a ceramic exhaust and steel turbine wheels.
                          S2 rb25 is branded 45v2 on the turbine housing and 4iu on the exhaust housings and uses ceramic exhaust wheel with a nylon compressor wheel.
                          Rb25 neo #1 is branded 45v2 on the turbine housing and op6 on the exhaust housing and uses ceramic exhaust wheel and a nylon compressor wheel. (same as a s2 rb25 turbo but with a bigger Exhaust housing).
                          Rb25 neo turbo #2 is branded Garret on the turbine housing and is steel exhaust and turbine wheels.
                          And if u happen to come accross one branded 45v4 that is a vg30det turbo which uses steel wheels also.
                          S1 and rb20: capable of 14psi safely
                          S2 and neo #1: capable of 12 psi due to the nylon wheel
                          Neo#2 and vg30det: capable of what ever u want throw at them I'd imagine due to steel wheels but don't know when they run out of effiency.
                          Hope that helps
                          -Ryan

Comment

rak that helps alot.
                            sucks though considering buddy claimed there was a rb25 hybrid in there.
                            was also running 12 psi daily as low and 14psi as high peaked at 15 psi couple times
                            wishfull thinking but maybe i have a rb20 hybrid turbo? lol
                            does the oem rb20 compresser blades look like this? i just had a closer look
                            - Adam

:

Comment

ya it will be steel if its a rb25 neo turbo

Edit: just noticed there is a second page with this statement DOH! lol
                              Last edited by Nismo_line; 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM.
                              Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                              X