Stock ECU Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock ECU Question

So I just took my ECU out to get it chipped and I noticed a small dial on the back of it. Obviously it's Jap writing all around it so I don't understand what it says. Does anyone know what this dial does?

SUPPOSIBLY its for reading the fault codes on the ecu ...turn it all the way clockwise with ignition on then turn it anti clockwise this will put it into mode 2 the light will flash count the flashes they will be slow for first digit then they will flash fast this will be the second digit
    all skylines have them some have 1 led some have 2

Comment

I heard storys like this before and they said its 2 settings for the ecu. I forget the rest lol
      Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

-remove the three bolts securing the ECU to the bulkhead, floor and lower dash -carefully wiggle the ecu from it's position -don't damage the wiring harness

-turn the ecu around --the face farthest from the wires has a small dial and a LED --( later models have 2 led's)

-find a screwdriver small enough to turn the small dial...

-turn the ignition on ( but don't start the engine )

-the red LED will start to glow...

-CAREFULLY turn the small dial CLOCKWISE fully...

-the LED will go off...

-then turn the LED fully anticlockwise...

-the LED will start to flash...

-long flashes then short, repeatedly, until you switch off the ignition or start the car --if the sequence is five long then five short flashes, the code is 55, which means all is OK --3 long then 4 short means a faulty knock sensor, etc (see codes below).

you want a "55" = ok.

Codes:

11 Crankshaft position sensor
        12 MAF sensor circuit
        13 Coolent temperature circuit
        14 Vehicle speed sensor circuit
        21 Ignition circuit
        31 ECU (ouch!)
        34 Knock sensor
        43 Throttle position circuit
        45 Injector leak
        51 Ignition circuit
        54 Auto signal to ECU
        55 All OK

Comment

ha good to know this should be stickyed

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is I can't remember where I found the link though thanks for the fmic btw nickdutch!!

Comment

Oh ok. Thanks a lot! So if my car's not popping up an engine code the code that the ecu should throw off should be 55 right? And I'm getting a consult cable today and was wondering if that would be able to read all the fault codes that the ecu test does?

Comment

Working...
              X