Drivetrain Loss..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivetrain Loss..

Just getting ready to set up a calibration on my Dynoliscious , been scouring the interwebs to find definitive post on drivetrain power loss from crank to wheels for r32 gtst, can't find... still looking... anyone on here know/ able to help me out?

manythanks
    You gotta pay to play.

Worked it out from dynochart's vs factory kw at engine to be roughly 48kw (rwd) for manual and 64kw (rwd) for auto (there's roughly a 16rwkw difference between manual and auto). Also can vary by 10kw or so between highest to lowest when a few cars (I think was 4? Nissan's) are tested back to back, which I didn't take into account. kw x 1.341 = hp.
    Last edited by Skym; 05-17-2011, 12:12 PM.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

something like 16% for FWD and 24% for RWD cars. Not positive but I believe it's close to those numbers. AWD cars lose like 101%

Comment

^ bwhahahaha
        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

powertrain loss depends on the weight and size of the flywheel and clutch, total length of driveshafts and their dimensions, size/weight of wheels-tires-brake discs
          it also depends of which gear you are in
          and what type of transmission is beeing used, automatic trannys lose up to 15% directly from the use of a torque converter

with man.t :
          in general, its about 10-12% for a FWD, since on most FWDs everything is smaller for starters
          on RWDs its around 16-18%
          and AWD will be between 20-25%

on the new gen Nissan GTR, a special new type of dyno was used, measuring powertrain loss after each run,
          the GTR is so well engineered that the loss was between 5% and 17% , for an AWD !!
          sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

As a confirmation of those RWD percentages, I dynoed my bone-stock R33 GTS with 72,000km on it, and drivetrain loss came out at 15.5%

Of course, it can vary based on weather conditions and which dyno you use, but it's a good reference number.
            '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
            at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

I've read in a Aussie magazine (magazines are usually not good for accurate info) that the guy who setup the Gibson GTR's said he dynoed a RB26 engine, then fitted RB26 engine to car and dynoed car and the result for drivetrain loss was 35% for R32GTR, R33GTR and from calculations (without testing engine out of car) 25% for R34GTR. But like mentioned above about clutch, etc affecting drivetrain loss (don't know what clutch, etc, torque split, etc he used), so is probably not accurate.
              Last edited by Skym; 05-17-2011, 12:23 PM.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
              X