Weird Idle issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Idle issue

So I've just been getting my RB25 swapped R32 GTS-T running properly and I'm down to one of the last issues. Basically whats happening is anytime you put the car in gear the idle will jump up to almost 2000rpm. As soon as you put it in neutral it drops back down to about 1000rpm. The idle will also stay high in neutral only if the car is moving, then drop down to 1000 when you stop.

Now if I disconnect the AAC obviously it doesn't do this but why would the ECU be commanding the AAC to open more when in gear. Is it possible that the ECU is being given bad information such as the mass airflow not measuring engine load properly? The car pulls hard and drives great other than this. I have had my AAC apart and cleaned it. I dont think its an AAC issue but rather that the ecu is commanding it to open when it shouldnt. Would this be possible if I wired up the AAC backwards?

Also another issue, likely linked to this one. My ignition timing wanders. For example after i got my idle down I set the base timing and went for a drive. The car felt docile like the timing was retarded. So I check it and sure enough it was only at around 5 degress BTDC. so I advance it back up to 15 degress and go for a drive. car runs perfect. so I come back and check it again and its waaay too far adanced like 20-25 degrees. It never seems to stay where I set it.
    Last edited by bignate; 06-03-2011, 07:46 PM.

to your first problme...i had almost the same problem..it was my TPS

Comment

hmm that could be it.... ill check it out. Would explain the timing going all over the place too.

Comment

how is it even possible for your timing to change? would like to have a heads up on this..
        wouldnt it mean your jumping teeth on the gears?..soo tension or the tensioner itself?
        - Adam

:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Originally posted by amnash View Post
          how is it even possible for your timing to change? would like to have a heads up on this..
          wouldnt it mean your jumping teeth on the gears?..soo tension or the tensioner itself?
          no no youre getting mixed up with cam timing and ignition timing. The TPS is going to effect ignition timing advances big time. rev the engine with a timing light on it and you can watch it advance with throttle position.

Comment

Originally posted by bignate View Post
            it was only at around 5 degress BTDC. so I advance it back up to 15 degress and go for a drive. car runs perfect. so I come back and check it again and its waaay too far adanced like 20-25 degrees.
            arnt all those parameters used to set the cams at TDC with #1 piston??
            - Adam

:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

I'm talking about ignition timing, not cam timing. Ignition timing is when the coil fires before the piston reaches TDC

Comment

Working...
              X