HID bulb flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID bulb flickering

Hey guys, My car has 8000k HID's and the drivers side bulb has been randomly flickering like a strobe light and then going back to normal. It's starting to drive me nuts.

I don't know anything when it comes to electrical, I was playing around with the connections to see if it any wires were loose but to no avail. Nothing I did would directly cause the flickering.

My guess would be that the bulb is dying but what do I know

try unplugging them and plugging it back in. my hids were randomly not working. did this and are working great now
    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Chance are your Bulb is on its way out.
      Try to temporarily hook them up dirrectly to the battery, it might stop the flickering. If it does, wire up the HIDS with a relay that gets ON/OFF signal from the headlight harness and feeds the HIDS directly from the battery.

Comment

Those relay cables are only around 5 bucks and work nice, I got one myself

Comment

I'll check it out guys, Its just the one bulb that's doing it so I figured its probably just about ready to be replaced

Comment

+1 to the relay cables. That fixed it most of the times. Other than that its on its way out.

Comment

Be a true Nissan fanatic and wire up a Relay from a scrapped Nissan. I wired up a Blue Nissan Relay for my HIDS and even was able to tuck it into my Relay Box in the engine bay.

Comment

TBH I know nothing about wiring, especially with HID's :s Little afraid to even mess with it. The wire job is really shotty as it is for the HID's.

I hate electrical and it hates me :P

To be safe I'll try the new bulb first.
                Last edited by mvs2; 06-13-2011, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Actually, while were on the topic of electrical -- I have a nice deck that came with the car from japan but it doesn't read any stations over 90.0 FM, is there a way to boost the signal strength? or am I going to have to do what I've done with all my other JDM cars and buy a new deck :P

Comment

Working...
                  X