Loud wind noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud wind noise

Notice a loud wind noise while car is moving. While accelerating the noise become louder but is still present while deccelerating. I opened the hood and pulled the throttle body wire to rev the car and it seem to come from the front. Could it be a loose/crooked fan? Any help would be appricated.

Like a whining sound? From the belts in front? Not sure what you mean by wind sound..
    You gotta pay to play.

Comment

The turbo? Haha

Comment

not the turbo , I do hear it but the sound is greater. Its not a whining sound but something similar to wind. My p/s strap seem to be badly ajusted. Might be the problem, making the fan slip or something.

Comment

only other thing i can think of that would make any kind of a wind sound would be intake... it is loud if you have mushroom or cone filter...
          You gotta pay to play.

Comment

seized fan clutch?

Comment

probably elroy. I did ask the same question on another forum and people came with that problem. I will check it out tonight.

Comment

U mean it kinda sounds like a dump truck? If so it's your clutch fan and do not drive the engine hard with it like this, same thing happened on my old r32 gtst and it ended up grenading (sounded like a gun shot) and left me with the lower rad hose cut in half and huge hole through my rad and an massive dent in my hood, not to mention it took out the hood lining while it was at it. And it's super easy to fix just drain the rad take the rad out and it comes off by 4 small bolts.

Comment

A fellow skyline user told me the same thing. Yesterday the fan did ''unstuck'' but I wont wait till everything blow out. Did you change your fan or ''clean'' it ?

Comment

could be your diff getting low on fluid? it makes a whining noise when that happens.!

Comment

the sound seem to come from the front. I will buy twin mishimoto fan and see if the problem persist.

Comment

Is your clutch fan still there? Could be that...
                        You gotta pay to play.

Comment

Ya they do periodically run fine and then it seems like the engine has all it's power back again, I just changed mine cuz it's such a quick easy job. I'm not 100% sure but I think a 240 of some gen fits but you would have to check part numbers or just go electric fan conversion.
                          Originally posted by DynamiteQC View Post
                          A fellow skyline user told me the same thing. Yesterday the fan did ''unstuck'' but I wont wait till everything blow out. Did you change your fan or ''clean'' it ?

Comment

Working...
                          X