Are these two PS pumps interchangeable? Gts-t and Gts-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these two PS pumps interchangeable? Gts-t and Gts-4

Can anybody confirm if these power steering pumps are interchangeable? The first pic is my noisy 1991 GTST pump, the second is the pump I took off Rabbit's GTS-4. The main difference I see is that the large nipple that attaches to the reservoir appears to have a split or diverting pipe on the Gts-4 pump. I haven't modded the steering system/hicas on my car, and have no intention to. Can I use this gts4 pump?

I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

They look the same, only way to find out is to try. Just took a look at mine(gts4) and I have that small line as well.
    1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
    -Bruce Lee

Comment

Parts Master says Rwd pump fits Rwd only. Doesnt mean it wont work tho. Try it and let us know, and if it works post it in Compatible parts section please.

Comment

You need to take it apart and remove the fins from the rear impeller!
        aww crap, did you see that!

Comment

Could you explain the difference between the pumps? Why would the awd models have fins that a rwd doesn't?
          I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

Working...
          X