Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rb20det Spark plug and proper gap? hesitation WOT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rb20det Spark plug and proper gap? hesitation WOT?

Hey GTRC, im having some more hesitation issues, and my guess is spark plugs, i bought brc7es if i remeber correctly, i gapped to 0.8. but i got a few mods and i was wondering if anyone will reccomend a plug and gap for my skyline r32 rb20det, that can handle my mods.

heres a list of mods on my car.

Mines Tuned Ecu (no clue what mods are tuned to it.)
    recently installed walbro 255lph fuel pump
    brand new apexi power intake
    cat back exhuast with stock cat.
    fmic
    hks bov

thats about it, it doesnt hesitate till i floor it, (WOT) but it hestiates pretty damn bad. but if gradually build up my rpm it doesnt hesitate. i recently replaced my gas tank, and it has pressure, also new fuel filter, new walbro fuel pump, and i cleaned up the maf.
    it seems to run alot better when the engine is cold.

any help would be awesome, or if anyone wants to come check it out feel free too, i live in edmonton AB. my cell numeber is 780 297 1166.

IMO I wouldnt lower my gap unless your runnin more boost or if u r having a problem with the 1.1mm gap. Im runnin the same mods as you plus more but with stock boost. Im runnin stock iridiums at 1.1mm with no miss or hesistation under load. The occasional miss when idling that only occured after changing O2 sensor?????
    I would probably start with a boostleak test, fuel pressure test and TPS adjustment. And since you claim it better when cold, I would check or replace Coolant temp sensor.

Comment

I had a hesitation at WOT at higher RPM's, it usually occurred around 5000-5500. I was using copper bcpr6es (if i remember right) plugs at 1.1mm gap. Regapped to 0.8mm and it fixed the issue. The hesitation got worse as I added more mods. After doing the front mount is when it become noticeable enough to tighten the plug gap. I'd use (and do use) a 0.8mm gap with your mods.

Hopefully it's just the plugs!

Comment

i went for a drive and the temp has nothing to do with it anymore, it hesitates around 3800ish rpm but only if i really give it gas, im gonna check for a boost leak some time soon, aswell il be regapping the plugs soon. if its none, il be certainly checking my fpr. im not to sure how to check for boost leaks? i just wanna go fast

Comment

Working...
        X