Air Filter Adapter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Filter Adapter question

Hey all. I am in the process of getting all the parts I need for a turbo swap and the one final piece I'm down to is the air filter. Currently I have a ARC Super Induction Box on it which is great except for the fact that my silicone hose coming off my turbo is shaped a bit differently so an Apexi intake or something similar that has the filter on the end of the MAF would work fine in it's place because there's enough room for a filter in place of my box. My question is, for the air filter adapter, are there any other cars that use the same bolt pattern on the MAF to bolt it to the filter box like a 300zx or s13? Because I've seen the Apexi kits for around $100 which isn't bad at all but since all it is is the adapter and filter I figure I could buy an adapter for a different car for cheaper assuming it works and then get a filter. So would a 300zx or s13 filter adapter work?

Apexi airfilter bolts onto MAF with a gasket. It's not a clamp onto adaptor airfilter.

There's 2x kits, one with a brace, gasket, etc (more expensive) and one without brace (replacement type airfilter with gasket, etc and is cheaper). It's cheaper to make your own brace out of a strip of metal and buy the replacement type airfilter.
    Last edited by Skym; 09-05-2011, 06:38 AM.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

would something like this work?
      Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 90-96 300ZX Z32 3.0 V6 Air Intake Filter MAF Adapter at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

It seems to be the same shape as the maf on the rb20 and appears that it would bolt on with gasket. I got a 3" filter kicking around too so I'd just need to spend the $15 for that if it fits. Anybody know?

Comment

If intake hose clamp comes loose on that adaptor, can cause ECU to hit boost / load cut. Bolt on Apexi airfilter is better.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

i have been running an adapter like that for 2 years and have never had a problem
          Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
          X