Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System Cleaning

Hey Guys,

What are your thoughts on taking the rb20det injectors out and cleaning them along with replacing the fuel filter obviously. Is it worth taking them apart and cleaning them or running cleaner through the gas?

Thanks

The filter is a for sure. Also might want to find yourself some Quality 5/16(7mm) fuel injection hose before hand. If the factory hose is too hard to pull of the fittings you can just cut it, but dont score the hard line nipples with your knife.
    I wouldnt clean the injectors by yourself, buy new ones or send in old ones to get properly cleaned and flow tested and balanced. Also you should source some o-rings and such before hand.
    Fuel injection cleaner is a good idea, but does it actually do anything???? Who knows for sure? I use Octane 104 Octane booster as a cleaner once a year when I go on a 1/2 tank or more cruise. Everyone raves about SeaFoam, Ill try sum of that sometime.
    Last edited by beacher1B0; 09-11-2011, 10:00 PM.

Comment

How much does this generally cost? Anyone know where i can get a decent price on injectors for my rb20det? Im going to change the fuel filter and sea foam it see how it helps.

Comment

There is lots of places to send your injectors for cleaning. Its not cheap but also not expensive. Fuel Injector Clinic is prob the biggest one out there.
        And if u want new ones you might as well go all out and go a lil bigger. If u go bigger youll need a ecu tune. Deatchwerks injectors are decent in quality and price.

Comment

Working...
        X