Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one will ever be the wiser.

Comment

I'm sorry, but the glovebox mount gauges are totally pointless.

Drive around, and have the glovebox clunk the entire time. Also the hinge design is fail on R32 so it'd lead to premature failure of the glovebox.

fail

MFG or dash mount is fine, just don't over-do it w/ things like voltmeter or **** like that.

I'd say, priority should be:

Boost, AFR, oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp and on...

Comment

ya like M13 said glove box gauges suck balls ! and i would runn an AFR(wideband) forgot about that cuz i dont have one yet but im gettin one this winter lol. anyways ya coolant temp and oil pressure gauges in a stock 89-94 car aren't always reliable. Remember it can be 20+ years old.. id buy new/more accurate ones to be sure..since oil pressure you know..kinda need it ahah

Comment

I don't really think you can get around ruining the OEM look if you are truly looking to have gauges that you can actually monitor.

Glove box and DIN gauges are great for retaining a classic style, and I could recommend them for any daily driving needs as you wouldn't really need to constantly be looking at them. Quick glance here and there would be fine...

However if you foresee yourself getting into any autocross/track day you need all those gauges in your sight line and really can't get around using a-pillar and dash mounts.

So it really depends on what you wanna do with your car that determines where you should or should not put your gauges.

Function>Form in this particular case
          Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
          hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

If you don't like gauges, how about getting something like a Greddy Infometer touch?

My cars:
            1996 BCNR33 GT-R
            1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

u can buy the apexi pen style turbo timers for like 35.00 on ebay..i used one in my turbo integra and loved it and FML was it cheap.. soo i wouldnt spend 85.00 on a turbo timer..maybe a boost controller lol but they should cost like 400.00 ahah
              Originally posted by BongRips View Post
              Then only problem with vent or din deletes is I want to keep my vents so they can blow cold air on my face when I'm sweating on 35 degree summer days. Plus my din pocket under my radio holds my turbo timer. I have been considering replacing it with an ARK timer as they are nice a small and can be neatly tucked away in the dash
              http://www.arkdesign-us.com/products...le-turbo-timer

Comment

Turbo timers are pointless on street cars.
                R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

My car won't be a "street car" come spring time. I do plan on auto-xing and I should be running around 400whp so it won't be much of a DD or even very streetable at that. So the general consensus for what gauges to get while keeping it down to 3 total is a boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, and a wideband right?

Comment

Working...
                  X