X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket turbo elbow options

Hey all

i have searched and searched and have yet to find anything

was curious to know what others are using for aftermarket turbo elbows... currently i am running a rb25 turbo on stock manifold...

putting on a top mount manifold with a t04 turbo and 38mm external wastegate... looking for what people have done, or what are my options for getting the turbo attached to the downpipe (i have a 3" downpipe now) and what are my options for the wastegate dump... i do not want to vent to atmosphere on the wastegate, i want to route it back into the exhuast...

essentially i am looking for (hopefully) a plug and play option... i would like to stay away from custom work as thats more costly and takes more time...

anyone have any thoughts?

sorry for my blabber
    Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

bump... i guess this would also be the same with the rb25s as its pretty much the same exhaust

Comment

If want no custom fabrication, you buy a Japanese made turbo kit that bolts on (not cheap) -

If go with a custom turbo kit, some custom fabrication is required.

Why do you need to top mount the turbo????

HKS sold a low mount cast exhaust manifold (hard to find second hand) with built in wastegate -

From flow data I've seen, the above exhaust manifold doesn't flow any better than stock exhaust manifold, just mounts everything in a better location. But you can put a Garrett GT3076R turbo (as shown above) on a stock RB25DET exhaust manifold with ECU tune, etc and get over 400whp.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

well i have purchased a top mount... i needed an externally gate manifold... didnt know there was stockish ones out there... i just got a top mount one for 200 bucks

hence why i was wondering about downpipes and such... but i have now found my answers and see pictures of what others have done so all ill need when i go to put this in is a welder... i can fab everything myself... my only issue now is how im going to run the wastegate dump... externally or plumb it back into the exhaust... not sure which to do as in BC i have to worry about aircare...

Comment

Should maybe look into a different setup, top mount is going to cost ya a lot compared to stock manifold setup.

Plumb it back for aircare.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
          Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

why is it going to cost alot? the turbo is costing me nothing... the manifold is 200... ill have to fab up the exhaust, and probably need to do something with the intake... other then injectors and a tune, what am i missing?

Comment

Custom oil/coolant lines for the turbo as your stock ones one be much help. Turbo drain.

Male sure to test fit everything depending on the manifold you could have fitment issues and wastegate placment.

It all adds up but if you do your research you might be able to source some quality lines/parts that will last.

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

well im not worried about the coolant lines as those have already been deleted

oil lines is easy...

and i think i decided i may go with a godspeed intake plenum... just seems easier and alot less headache. as for the manifold, its a used one however in great shape and everything is great on it... meaning placement and everything...

its going to be an interesting project to say the least... hopefully i can do it in a weekend project...

Comment

Best of luck man.

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

thanks! i think i may need some lol

i have been planning this for a while so it shall be interesting

Comment

Working...
                    X