installing front facing plenum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing front facing plenum

Well i decided to finally clean up my engine since my clutch went. im thinking about going front facing plenum but want some advice on what all needs done in order to install one? throttle cable? throttle body? hoses? fuel rail? i/c piping (have front mount and the hole is below washer fluid reservoir, is that the correct spot for front facing?) basically any input on what all needs to be modified or changed in order to install one. thanks!
    1989 GTR - summer toy
    2011 Ram - winter beater

Its a fun job.. going to need a longer throttle cable. different throttle body,
    You can stay with the stock rail, just be careful when you take it out.. i broke mine.

Here is a pic of my setup that is just about done.

Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
      You can stay with the stock rail, just be careful when you take it out.. i broke mine.

Yeah was just checking your car out at evolution today. Its looking pretty good! Same with felix's rb30 build! Anyways, decided to stick with stock plenum for now just so that the cars up and running again but will definitely be switching to the front facing in the near future.
      1989 GTR - summer toy
      2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

Does anyone know of any before and after dyno comparisons out there concerning Front facers???

Comment

Unless your building serious power your don't need one. The gains aren't huge right off the batt. I agree it looks super nice but not worth the hassle
          92,94,95 Honda Civic
          92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
          91 Nissan Skyline GTR
          92,93 Nissan 180sx
          90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
          89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

That's exactly why I'm not doing a front facing Plenum on my rb20 when I got to install the bigger Turbo. Waiting for the built rb25 I'll be doing during the winter. That when I'll install one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
            Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

Originally posted by specialedition View Post
              Unless your building serious power your don't need one. The gains aren't huge right off the batt. I agree it looks super nice but not worth the hassle
              its not any trouble at all, its just simply a new learning experience. i love working on my car much more than i actually like to drive it but i hate when my DD is down for some work... but in time i will definitely be switching over from stock. along with a big top mount single, bigger injectors, stand alone, etc..
              1989 GTR - summer toy
              2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

Originally posted by beacher1B0 View Post
                Does anyone know of any before and after dyno comparisons out there concerning Front facers???
                as for this, i have read numerous times when i was looking into this that you lose some bottom end but gain more on the top end. number wise, i couldnt tell ya.
                1989 GTR - summer toy
                2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post

Hey man, I currently own this R33. Could I ask you a few questions about the car? Text at 604-723-6968 or email nonstopnos@gmail.com
                  Would really appreciate it!
                  Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X