89 gtst help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 gtst help.

Hey all i had bought a 1989 gtst few months back, havent got to play with it much yet but the other day i was looking under the hood and found this, im guessing its from a old boost controller or somthing?? its defanitly connected to vacume lines. is this effecting anything? car dose hesitate somtimes

it says arrow points towards wastegate actuator

dont mind that horrible weld i dont know what they were trying to accomplish there

Does it have a knob or something on it? My guess is yes it's a manual boost controller
    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

i have the same one..get rid of it...it is for a manual boost controller...a very cheap one..ebay if im not mistaken
      1991 skyline GTS-T - first import/winter project

Comment

thanks for the reply, there was no knob just that little unit and a screw in the end of the red hose the 2 other hoses seem to be connected. where would i plug that red hose into?
        i dont understand why they would plug it.

Comment

basicly it is as t to the controller but hte controller is gone the controller would hook to the red hose they have blocked off so the vacuum line hooked to that block would go to your turbo..like there is a black vacuum hose going into the block and another black hose comming out going to your turbo right? well the hose comming from the vacuum source would go straight to your turbo and then the other 2 will come out with the block...
          1991 skyline GTS-T - first import/winter project

Comment

well i would love to try my car with it working but if i do take it off what do i do with the other hoses?
            im guessing there vacume lines or something

Comment

oh okay thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X